Letter from Joanns craft store

This is a discussion on Letter from Joanns craft store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dear ****, Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service. We apologize for our delay in responding. Thank you for contacting us ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Letter from Joanns craft store

Letter from Joanns craft store

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service. We apologize for our delay in responding.

Thank you for contacting us about the prohibition against concealed weapons and the sign posted at our Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Store. After thoughtful consideration, Jo-Ann decided to post the signs to create a comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers. Jo-Ann recognizes that there are strong feelings on this issue, and that permit-holders are exercising their state right. Jo-Ann also is exercising its right under state law to post the sign. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

You may contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores Customer Service via phone at 1-888-739-4120, Monday through Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm Eastern Time.

Thank you,

Sheryl
    Customer Service Coordinator
    Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores
    888-739-4120

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCoupl View Post
    to create a comfortable shopping environment and experience for our customers.
    Didn't know that was possible in Memphis...

I wouldn't be comfortable in that town if I had a M249 SAW...

WHEC724, TVille, oneshot and 9 others like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

exactly

I don't understand why customers can or would complain about a concealed gun since they would not know who is carrying a gun. The women with CHL and carrying a gun in their purse will never be detected by other shoppers.

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    A while back, after several discussions on this topic, I came to the conclusion that the best answer is for signs to have no legal bearing. This way the stores can post to their hearts content and people can discretely ignore the signs. If you aren't causing a disturbance, nobody will be the wiser. If you happen to live in an area where signs are enforceable, you need to decide for yourself how best to proceed.
    Anubis, oneshot, Lish and 7 others like this.

signs in Tennessee have force of law, I didn't post my original letter cause I was too lazy to redact it, but I told them I would be taking my hard earned money elsewhere (shame they have good stuff)
    MrsHB, Jackster and RichB70 like this.

Its only a comfortable environment until some crazy arse ex of one of the workers comes in and starts shooting up the place... (or whatever equally as plausible scenario you want).
    iblearning likes this.

Signs in Colorado have no weight of law. If the establishment finds you are carrying they can ask you to leave. If you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing. Thus, I ignore those signs...concealed is just that, so no one ever knows I'm carrying anyway. On the other hand, I hate to patronize a business that is anti-gun. It's a tough call...bottom line for me: I carry everywhere except those places prohibited by federal law.

My wife shops there regularly and used to work there. We ignore the sign.

Distinguished Member
    The wife goes to the Jo-Anne Fabric store here all the time... no gunbuster signs on their doors.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Haven't seen a sign here, yet. In GA, such signs do not carry the force of law, but I will watch for that sign on our next trip. Looks like it's time to print more "No Guns = No Money" cards.
    preachertim likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

GH
    IF & I say if I ever shop at Jo-Ann Fabrics I'll feel much safer in knowing only people who carry firearms illegally will be there with nobody to stop them.

Senseless people reacting to their gut instead of reason.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    My family has called there CS and advise they do not feel safe there any more and will advise others of there posting and will be looking at other options to fill needs

Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    Signs in Colorado have no weight of law. If the establishment finds you are carrying they can ask you to leave. If you refuse you can be arrested for trespassing. Thus, I ignore those signs...concealed is just that, so no one ever knows I'm carrying anyway. On the other hand, I hate to patronize a business that is anti-gun. It's a tough call...bottom line for me: I carry everywhere except those places prohibited by federal law.
    Utah is the same way. If there's a sign posted, you can carry. If they ask you to leave, though, you should. Exceptions (aren't there always): the usual state and fed. court houses, and most recently, movie theaters. I find this ludicrous. I can carry in a bank, but I can't carry in a movie theater? Dumb. However, my cfp is threatened if caught carrying in a movie theater, so I guess I'll be hitting redbox more.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    A while back, after several discussions on this topic, I came to the conclusion that the best answer is for signs to have no legal bearing. This way the stores can post to their hearts content and people can discretely ignore the signs. If you aren't causing a disturbance, nobody will be the wiser. If you happen to live in an area where signs are enforceable, you need to decide for yourself how best to proceed.
    That would be a nice stance wherein it is not a state law...no so, here in NC....No weapons allowed signs are legal and carry in such posted area's is illegal by state law.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links