IL concealed carry law so far...basically impossible.

This is a discussion on IL concealed carry law so far...basically impossible. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; IL Democrats Try to Introduce Their Own Incredibly Strict Concealed Carry Law...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: IL concealed carry law so far...basically impossible.

IL concealed carry law so far...basically impossible.

2. Remove Ads

Typical of the politicians in this hell hole. You had to figure it wasn't going to be easy.

All I can say is wow and glad I do not live there. According to the article there are only 5 State Police firearms instructors, so in essence it might take years to get qualified. I to see they are not making it easy and the ones who suffer are the law abiding citizens.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Now you know why we hate to see the snow birds move south
    darbo, msgt/ret, F350 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    Good gosh....

I'm think I'm seeing the opening chapter of some future volume entitled "The Decline and Fall of the American Experiment."

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    OC shot down in AR today--But IL is always a reminder of how good most of us already have it.
    Jackster likes this.

It was only a matter of time. The IL bill as originally submitted is a good bill. Now the antis seek to trash it all up.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member
    Such a shame. Don't forget all those who sought to muddy the original bill. Vote them out next election. It seems being stupid is a requirement for some politicians.
    Jackster likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

If the pro gun crowd just sits on it's hands until the time limit is up then IL is constitutional carry. What's there to worry about?
    Anubis likes this.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

Re: IL concealed carry law so far...basically impossible.

With all that red tape why would most people except the most diehard 2Aers even bother? Exactly what all those antis in Chicago want!

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Vote them out next election.
    Nearly impossible with all the entitlements. You would first have to get them to give up their Obama phones; good luck with that.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

How ...unsurprising.
    Jackster likes this.

VIP Member
    Anyone who thought getting a permit in Illinois was going to be cheap, easy and hassle free, is living in a dream world.

Regardless of what the rest of the state may want, the ruling aristocrats in Chicago will not allow it to happen. They will insure their desires are forced onto the peons under them. After all, the dirty unwashed masses have no idea what is best for them. Only the enlightened ruling class can make those types of decisions.
    TX expat, msgt/ret and Mjr_Fail like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Anyone who thought getting a permit in Illinois was going to be cheap, easy and hassle free, is living in a dream world.

Regardless of what the rest of the state may want, the ruling aristocrats in Chicago will not allow it to happen. They will insure their desires are forced onto the peons under them. After all, the dirty unwashed masses have no idea what is best for them. Only the enlightened ruling class can make those types of decisions.
    I lived in Chicago for five years. It is exactly the opposite of what you have stated. It is not an elite liberal upper class that keeps the permit from happening. It is fear from the lower class community that is suffering so much from gun violence. BTW, they actually control Chicago politics and have for a long time. Chicago has built up a society prone to violent crime. This breeds further crime , especially among the lower classes. The problem is a whole lot more complex than how many people carry guns. Large cities (all of them, we have similar problems in Memphis) contain large elements of underemployed and poverty stricken people. Welfare is an index of this but not really the problem. An area can only contain a certain number of jobs and big cities attract more people than jobs. This toxic atmosphere breeds more violence and more crime.This isn't just new problem due to Afro-Americans or Latinos either. Chicago and New York City went through long periods of the exact same problems with the Irish and the Italians, more people coming in than jobs being created. This is not a new phenomena, it existed from the very first cities in biblical times. The Roman Legions spent more time in policing the slums of the empire than they did actual warfare. Most people don't realize it but the major duty of the samurai was to police communities, just as much as warfare. The problem is unlikely to ever go away. The problem in Illinois is that Chicago has such a disproportionate control of the state politics. Chicago's problem is not evident in the rest of Illinois. So called "Handgun Control" will not make the problem go away and just makes the rest of us prey for the predators!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I lived in Chicago for five years. It is exactly the opposite of what you have stated. It is not an elite liberal upper class that keeps the permit from happening. It is fear from the lower class community that is suffering so much from gun violence. BTW, they actually control Chicago politics and have for a long time. Chicago has built up a society prone to violent crime. This breeds further crime , especially among the lower classes. The problem is a whole lot more complex than how many people carry guns. Large cities (all of them, we have similar problems in Memphis) contain large elements of underemployed and poverty stricken people. Welfare is an index of this but not really the problem. An area can only contain a certain number of jobs and big cities attract more people than jobs. This toxic atmosphere breeds more violence and more crime.This isn't just new problem due to Afro-Americans or Latinos either. Chicago and New York City went through long periods of the exact same problems with the Irish and the Italians, more people coming in than jobs being created. This is not a new phenomena, it existed from the very first cities in biblical times. The Roman Legions spent more time in policing the slums of the empire than they did actual warfare. Most people don't realize it but the major duty of the samurai was to police communities, just as much as warfare. The problem is unlikely to ever go away. The problem in Illinois is that Chicago has such a disproportionate control of the state politics. Chicago's problem is not evident in the rest of Illinois. So called "Handgun Control" will not make the problem go away and just makes the rest of us prey for the predators!
    If you re-read what he wrote I think you'll find that he's not making any proclamations about the 'upper class', he refers to the 'ruling class' ie. the politicians. They stay in power by keeping their sizable voting base dependent on them through lifestyle entitlements and fear of the 'other' party.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links