CCW good for multiple guns ?

This is a discussion on CCW good for multiple guns ? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was on another forum a couple days ago and someone indicated that in some states the permit only allows you to carry one gun, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DJC7

Thread: CCW good for multiple guns ?

CCW good for multiple guns ?

I was on another forum a couple days ago and someone indicated that in some states the permit only allows you to carry one gun, no back up. Does anyone know if there is a list of states that don't allow the carry of a back up.

2. Remove Ads

Someone was just talking about this earlier today in another thread. New Mexico is apparently the only state that limits to one firearm.
    Lnafree likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Though I do not desire to carry more than one gun, the restriction to one gun sounds like the step before the restriction to no guns.
    The chief end of man is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever (Westminster Shorter Catechism, 1647).

Darn! I tried to find the video clip with Denny Crane when he pulls out about 6 or so handguns from his concealed locations. I think Fox has them all blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by RVDoorgunner View Post
    I was on another forum a couple days ago and someone indicated that in some states the permit only allows you to carry one gun, no back up. Does anyone know if there is a list of states that don't allow the carry of a back up.
    At least up to 2005, California's CHL's had specific guns listed on the CHL, and those were the only ones one could carry. Uncertain if that's still the case today. IIRC, it didn't restrict the number that could be carried, beyond having to have any carried gun listed on the CHL.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I don't know about other states, but in Wisconsin you can carry as many concealed guns or other types of weapons that you are strong enough to walk around with.

...does this get the point across??? kid hiding guns into school - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Darn! I tried to find the video clip with Denny Crane when he pulls out about 6 or so handguns from his concealed locations. I think Fox has them all blocked.

Was talking to someone yesterday about a similar subject. He said he knew a guy that carried a MAC 11 concealed. Could you imagine the look on some poor schlub's face when that gets pulled on him?

Just better hope you have your class III paperwork with you when the cops show up a few minutes later.

Re: CCW good for multiple guns ?

I believe I read somewhere that California requires CCW permit holders to specify up to 3 guns with serial numbers that can be carried.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    At least up to 2005, California's CHL's had specific guns listed on the CHL, and those were the only ones one could carry. Uncertain if that's still the case today. IIRC, it didn't restrict the number that could be carried, beyond having to have any carried gun listed on the CHL.
    In Stanislaus County we are allowed to list three guns on our permits and THAT'S IT! Geeze, if you're cleared to carry a "concealed weapon" then any legal firearm should be allowed as well as knives, daggers, machetes, etc. If you're a law abiding citizen then you're not a criminal, why should you have to be treated like one?

I need to buy a few more guns so that I can have one for every day of the week.

I don't have to worry about matching my outfit... Everything goes with flannel. :)

-SF

Links