Extra Magazine

Extra Magazine

This is a discussion on Extra Magazine within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just wondering, when I took my CCW class I asked the instructor about carrying an extra magazine. He said that he carries one. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Extra Magazine

Extra Magazine

I was just wondering, when I took my CCW class I asked the instructor about carrying an extra magazine. He said that he carries one. I guess you just can't be prepared enough. How many of you carry an extra magazine.

Here are a few recent discussions:

Tzadik and JDE101 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I do. 15 in the pistol and 14 in the spare. I know if Ive gotten in a spot where I need that much ammo things have went seriously into left field twilight zone from any thing remotely to be expected in a random robbery or mugging though.

But ive also learned that really brutal and weird things do happen. Am I likely to be caught up in one? Probably not. But should I be id hate to wishing for another mag i left laying at home.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I carry 2 extra mags in the glove compartment of the car.
    Don't mess with Texas.

Seriously, don't even think about it.

Always carry an extra mag, primarily because the majority of malfunctions in a semi auto handgun are magazine related.

Why anyone would carry a semi-auto, and not carry a spare mag or two or three is beyond me.

Yes, one magazine of 19 rounds may be enough, but what if it isn't? The magazine is known as the weakest link, and if you have a problem with it, and no spare, you are screwed.

Be safe & carry enough ammo.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    One spare at all times

mkh
    Almost always carry a spare and sometimes two. But I do so more for mag malfunctions than for extra rounds. As pointed out previously, I'm not too likely to wander into a prolonged firefight but if I did I'm not going to worry about having too many mags.

Two spares always.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I do sometimes, but not always. My shoulder rig has two magazines on the oposite side, it helps balance. I do carry an extra for my 1911, but rarely an extra for my FNP. Why? First, the double stack mags are bulky, and second, they rattle. I always have extras in the car. when driving.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Always carry a spare.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Thanks for the info. It never cross my mind about a mag malfunction. That is enough for me to carry an extra mag.
    Thanks again Pappy

Kind of, I carry a spare mag when I'm carrying my PF9 since it only holds 8+1, I carry a spare 8 rounder. They're so small and light that they can be easily carried almost anywhere. I have found that they little pocket on most pairs of jeans is great for single stack mags. More commonly, I carry with my Glock or my M&P, they have much larger capacity mags and I don't typically carry a spare on me but I do keep an extra full size mag in the center console in my truck. When I'm wearing heavy clothing, like a winter coat, I often use a full size 17 round mag in my M&P, I will do the same with the Glock if/when I can acquire one for a decent price.

Absolutley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links