NE Now Honors WI. NM Adds Another Quirk. Many Changes in Laws

This is a discussion on NE Now Honors WI. NM Adds Another Quirk. Many Changes in Laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Nebraska has added Wisconsin to the list of states it honors. This is the first change in who they honor since they first posted a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gary Slider

Thread: NE Now Honors WI. NM Adds Another Quirk. Many Changes in Laws

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

NE Now Honors WI. NM Adds Another Quirk. Many Changes in Laws

Nebraska has added Wisconsin to the list of states it honors. This is the first change in who they honor since they first posted a list of states they would honor. https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/med...eciprocity.pdf

Wyoming has finally updated their list of states they would honor. Took them almost a year. The WY State Patrol also updated their list which was 3 years old and had incorrect info on what states WY honored. It only took me 3 emails and two phone calls to get them to update their lists. It shows that if you keep after them they will make the changes. http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWPFAQ.pdf & FAQ

New Mexico has added another quirk to their reciprocity. They are out to sign agreements with all the states they honor. But with one quirk. NM will not honor any permit/license issued to any LEGAL RESIDENT ALIEN. Though they honor a TX permit/license they will not honor a TX permit/license issued to a Legal Resident Alien. The same with all the other states they honor. So if you are a Legal Resident Alien even though NM honors the state permit/license you have they will not honor it as you are not a US Citizen. You can see that NM disqualification for Legal Resident Aliens by going here and scrolling down to number 4. Reciprocity Agreements | New Mexico Department of Public Safety

There are changes coming to many states concerning their firearm law and Handgunlaw.us is trying to keep up. If there is a change in your state laws please let me know. admins@handgunlaw.us I canít see everything especially the small changes in a states laws. Handgunlaw.us would not be what it is today without people like you assisting. I canít do this all by myself. I depend on people just like you. I want to again thank all of those who have assisted Handgunlaw.us in the past. You assistance is very much appreciated. I also want to thank those who have made a donation to keep the site up and running. Our expenses have risen dramatically and your help in this area is greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Handgunlaw.us will be updated late this evening or early tomorrow with the changes above and other changes.
    dV8r likes this.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Wyoming has finally updated their list of states they would honor. Took them almost a year. The WY State Patrol also updated their list which was 3 years old and had incorrect info on what states WY honored. It only took me 3 emails and two phone calls to get them to update their lists. It shows that if you keep after them they will make the changes. http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWPFAQ.pdf & FAQ

Thanks for your hard work!! It's appreciated more than you know.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I don't see NM's legal alien exception surviving a legal challenge. I wonder how long it will take.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    New Mexico has added another quirk to their reciprocity. They are out to sign agreements with all the states they honor. But with one quirk. NM will not honor any permit/license issued to any LEGAL RESIDENT ALIEN. Though they honor a TX permit/license they will not honor a TX permit/license issued to a Legal Resident Alien. The same with all the other states they honor. So if you are a Legal Resident Alien even though NM honors the state permit/license you have they will not honor it as you are not a US Citizen. You can see that NM disqualification for Legal Resident Aliens by going here and scrolling down to number 4. Reciprocity Agreements | New Mexico Department of Public Safety
    Yet another reason for me to get my ass in gear and actually apply for Citizenship, I've been talking about it for a few years now, just not got around to it.

I couldn't apply for a Missouri permit even though I live there because they only issue to Citizens so I applied for a Florida permit. One of the reasons for that was because of their reciprocity with NM, my wife and I own land there and I wanted to be able to carry while in that State.

Thank you Gary for your work, without your site I probably wouldn't have known about that law.

Links