This is it

This is a discussion on This is it within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1IKeyTvakA As a warning, this video is NOT safe for children and some may not have the stomach for it. The video is a retired ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: This is it

This is it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1IKeyTvakA

As a warning, this video is NOT safe for children and some may not have the stomach for it.

The video is a retired detective expressing his beliefs as to why one should obtain a concealed weapons permit. It contains some pretty horrific ACTUAL 911 calls.

You have been warned.

2. Remove Ads

Life is a contact sport. Feces happens. And often the "fan" is on the high setting. No way around that. About the only way to dramatically raise the odds of surviving a situation as it occurs is to be capable of surviving a situation as it occurs. Mindset, awareness, training, weaponry, lifestyle changes, "hardening" against predators ... and even then there are no guarantees. Anything else is a crap shoot, as the video shows all too clearly.

That lady's encounter during the first minutes is heartbreaking. Have heard it before. It doesn't take much imagination to see how things might have turned out quite differently, had she been armed in a "safe" area of the home and protected that spot with everything she had. Sad. And it's this sort of person the anti-gunners want to sacrifice on the spit, in exchange for mere hope the predators will follow suit.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Life is a contact sport. Feces happens. And often the "fan" is on the high setting. No way around that. About the only way to dramatically raise the odds of surviving a situation as it occurs is to be capable of surviving a situation as it occurs. Awareness, training, weaponry, lifestyle changes, "hardening" against predators ... and even then there are no guarantees. Anything else is a crap shoot, as the video shows all too clearly.

That lady's encounter during the first minutes is heartbreaking. Have heard it before. It doesn't take much imagination to see how things might have turned out quite differently, had she been armed in a "safe" area of the home and protected that spot with everything she had. Sad. And it's this sort of person the anti-gunners want to sacrifice on the spit, in exchange for mere hope the predators will follow suit.
    Unfortunately that poor lady, like most people, assumed the mentality of prey, as opposed to predator. Simply having a firearm isn't anywhere near enough. You have to have the mental conviction to aggressively defend your life.
    dV8r and TVJ like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Unfortunately that poor lady, like most people, assumed the mentality of prey, as opposed to predator. Simply having a firearm isn't anywhere near enough. You have to have the mental conviction to aggressively defend your life.
    Yup. Mindset, awareness ... is what I should have put there. That was in my mind, but didn't make it out the keyboard.

You're absolutely right. Without the iron will and determination to survive a situation, beyond basic preparations, a person very often doesn't have a prayer.
    TX expat likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good video. Now if we could get someone not already in the choir to watch it huh? "Mr. Barker" and "Mr. Cricket". LOL
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

saa
    That's a good video. It's not overly graphic, but a good tool for couples who may disagree about CCW to watch and discuss issues, pros and cons.

Thanks for posting it.
    saa.

Re: This is it

Quote Originally Posted by saa View Post
    That's a good video. It's not overly graphic, but a good tool for couples who may disagree about CCW to watch and discuss issues, pros and cons.

Thanks for posting it.
    saa.
    It's not overly graphic in my perspective either, but hearing someone getting murdered is heartwrenching.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1IKeyTvakA

As a warning, this video is NOT safe for children and some may not have the stomach for it.

The video is a retired detective expressing his beliefs as to why one should obtain a concealed weapons permit. It contains some pretty horrific ACTUAL 911 calls.

You have been warned.
    I agree. This video would no doubt scare kids 8 or 9 years old and younger but to anyone still on the fence about gun ownership they need to WATCH THIS VIDEO RIGHT NOW!!! You don't have to convince me Pard. I have my CCP and I carry everyday.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    Encouraging when an experienced LEO talks straight. Only point of disagreement is his instruction to carry where one may not feel comfortable and not everywhere, when, in reality, an predator, if one may attack a homeowner in one's own home, may attack anywhere anyplace. And the vid highlights home attacks. But I'm glad that Det. Surgenor is on our side.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Problem is, that stuff only happens on TV. That'll never happen to me. I mean, what are the odds? Now, time for me to put on my seatbelt and head out to the store in that car with the spare tire.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Re: This is it

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Problem is, that stuff only happens on TV. That'll never happen to me. I mean, what are the odds? Now, time for me to put on my seatbelt and head out to the store in that car with the spare tire.
    Apparently, odds are about the same as getting struck by lightning twice. You don't see me walking around with an iron pole during thunderstorms. What if I told you I had a teacher who got struck by lightning 4 times. Twice in two days.

saa
    Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    It's not overly graphic in my perspective either, but hearing someone getting murdered is heartwrenching.

The capabilities of people to commit acts that are, to us, unconscionable, will shock you. People have to be responsible for their own safe keeping. It's a sad thing, however, it is the reality of the day.
    saa.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "Every man is my superior in some way, in that I learn of him." - Emerson

"The value of good work lasts far longer than the sting of working for too little money." - Patrick Truillio

Been saying it for decades....the only way to slow down the violent crimes is show the reality of death to those that would commit it.. Bring back PUBLIC execution.
    sebring likes this.

I have to agree that with what the detective said in that fear is one of the best deterrents. If you can do something without fear of consequences, repercussions, or harm to yourself, what's there to stop you?

What a contrast between the 911 call at the beginning of the video and the one at the end. Both absolutely terrifying events, but two completely different outcomes. Why people can't wrap their minds around the necessity for firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens is baffling.
    mprp and mg27 like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links