Status upgrade

Status upgrade

This is a discussion on Status upgrade within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure if I introduced myself yet. My name is John and I have learned alot here. Question to you guys. Ally papers and certified ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Status upgrade

Status upgrade

Not sure if I introduced myself yet. My name is John and I have learned alot here. Question to you guys. Ally papers and certified documents have been received and now upgraded to manufacturing pending. Could you guys tell me what that means? They thought I had a felony in 71 but I sent them a certified letter from the circuit clerk stating that I had no records at all. The old case as a juvenile was dismissed. So is this a good status? Thanks

GH
    I would think that if you have no record disqualifying you from having a carry permit you'd be okay, John. I have no idea what "manufacturing pending" means unless you're planning on making forearms. Maybe someone from TX can tell you.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    I am no expert on TX law, but I would agree that a dismissed case as a juvenile should not preempt you from getting a CCL. I also have no idea what "manufacturing pending" means.

Welcome to the forum! I hope it all works out for you!

John, welcome from Florida.
    Ted

S&W9c w/RMR Red Dot, Wilson CQB, LB Premier II
    STI HP Edge 40, STI Trojan 9mm

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    "Manufacturing pending" means that your license is in the process of being made. They are in the process of actually making your physical license which they will mail to you...this is a good thing! It means the background check has been completed to the State's satisfaction and your photos and documentation have been approved to be sent over to where they manufacture the licenses which will be issued. You should have your license shortly.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

thanks, that makese feel better. I've been at this for about 10 months. My fault though, I left out this juvenile incident and an 85 dwi. I had to get certified documents on both. I feel they were very kind to let me complete the app. May have helped that Two of my references were FBI and a policeman, both whom I have known for many years and very good friends. A third reference was an employer of 18 yrs. I was just about ready to give up. Thanks again

Be sure to keep copies of that documentation. No telling when that may pop up again.

Welcome John! That is a very good status to see! Start checking your mailbox in a few days. I recieved my license 7 days after my status changed to manufacturing pending.

I have two copies of absolutely everything. Not taking any chances. I bought up a little ammo for the xds45 and sig 380. I have been to the range a few times but had gotten a little depressed over the possibility of not getting my ccl that I haven't fired them in a while. I'm ready to go now. This whole thing is somewhat embassasing also. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol or cigarettes in over 20 yrs. Thanks again guys

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonbi View Post
    I have two copies of absolutely everything. Not taking any chances. I bought up a little ammo for the xds45 and sig 380. I have been to the range a few times but had gotten a little depressed over the possibility of not getting my ccl that I haven't fired them in a while. I'm ready to go now. This whole thing is somewhat embassasing also. I haven't touched a drop of alcohol or cigarettes in over 20 yrs. Thanks again guys
    Careful about saying the word "depressed" ^^^^^From now on you never get "depressed". "Depressed" people might lose something they don't want to lose.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonbi View Post
    thanks, that makese feel better. I've been at this for about 10 months. My fault though, I left out this juvenile incident and an 85 dwi. I had to get certified documents on both. I feel they were very kind to let me complete the app. May have helped that Two of my references were FBI and a policeman, both whom I have known for many years and very good friends. A third reference was an employer of 18 yrs. I was just about ready to give up. Thanks again
    You're welcome. You will probably receive the license in about 10 business days.
    Last edited by 1MoreGoodGuy; February 28th, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Yep, I will be checking the mail everyday. My wife will be mad cause she likes to beat me to the box. I have a recluse holster for the xds but need to order one for the sig. Thanks again for the good info. Between this and jalopy journal(HAMB) I have plenty of fun reading.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Careful about saying the word "depressed" ^^^^^From now on you never get "depressed". "Depressed" people might lose something they don't want to lose.
    What does that ^^^^ mean?

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMaster View Post
    What does that ^^^^ mean?
    It means the liberals will try to claim you as being mentally unstable and take away your gun rights just for using a synonym for the word sadness!!! Lol
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Status changed this morning from manufacturing pending to now just manufacturing. You guys are right, should be here soon. Like one guy on here said, kind of like waiting for a Christmas gift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links