Advance concealed permit stamp

This is a discussion on Advance concealed permit stamp within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What's the real deal behinds this and is it really worth the time and money. I already have a conceal permit and I travel to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Advance concealed permit stamp

Advance concealed permit stamp

What's the real deal behinds this and is it really worth the time and money. I already have a conceal permit and I travel to and from Chicago ever week. I heard a few different stories about the advance class what is the 411 on that. Can someone help me. ThAnk you

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hopyard and jem102 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

What you talkin' bout Willis?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The advanced permit allows you to carry in more places and the class and new endorsement is about $150.
    Check out this link:
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The advanced permit allows you to carry in more places and the class and new endorsement is about $150.
    Check out this link:
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/mississippi.pdf
    Riddle me this BatMan... when is a permit not really a permit...?
    What a scam....

I for one would be one peep to put my $ on that option. Just sayin'
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

VIP Member
    Michigan tried to put a similar one on the books last year. Our wimp/geek governor vetoed it a week after Sandy Hook.

We were THAAAAT! close!!
    pittypat21 and icemanls2 like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

GH
    bolemiss :

Unless you're law enforcement I still think you won't be allowed to carry a firearm in Chicago or maybe even the whole state.
    Now if you were a member of a gang you'd be okay, lol. It seems that those are the only ones in that town that carry them.
    bandrich and msgt/ret like this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Basically...The "FIREARM PERMIT" is the "shall issue" permit. No training required.

The "ENHANCED CARRY PERMIT" requires an 8 hour firearm/carry course. Pay for the course, attend it, get a certificate. Show certificate/mail a copy to MHP Firearms UNIT and they will slap a sticker ("IC"-Instructors Course?)on the back of your "Firearm Permit". Allows you to carry pretty much carry anywhere except LEO stations and Courtrooms in session.

Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    Riddle me this BatMan... when is a permit not really a permit...?
    What a scam....
    It is an additional way to increase the states revenues over and above the standard permit/license and/or restrict your rights under the 2nd Amendment. Remember the government does not normally ban things, they just keep increasing the taxes on the items until we can no longer afford them. Cigarettes, alcohol, certain gas guzzler cars are a prime examples.

I am a Mississippi Gulf Coast native but live in Florida just because of the local/county/state taxes in the great state of Mississippi.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Mississippi does not charge anything for the IC sticker so it is not to charge more taxes. It was pushed through as a means to reduce restrictions. It might not cost you a dime for the training, that will have to be negotiated by you. My wife and I paid $75 to attend the training. I certianly think it was worth it. With the class the only places off limits are police station, courtrooms in session and jails. Without the sticker churches, bar, polling places, schools, posted businesses, parades, and many other places are off limits. Of course post offices and military bases are still a no go.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Unless you are a LEO, I wouldn't carry in Chicago. You may find yourself also visiting the Cook County Jail....not a nice place.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Michigan tried to put a similar one on the books last year. Our wimp/geek governor vetoed it a week after Sandy Hook.

We were THAAAAT! close!!
    FYI RoadRunner, It is coming up again only better IMHO
    I Love Guns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Mississippi does not charge anything for the IC sticker so it is not to charge more taxes. It was pushed through as a means to reduce restrictions. It might not cost you a dime for the training, that will have to be negotiated by you. My wife and I paid $75 to attend the training. I certianly think it was worth it. With the class the only places off limits are police station, courtrooms in session and jails. Without the sticker churches, bar, polling places, schools, posted businesses, parades, and many other places are off limits. Of course post offices and military bases are still a no go.
    Why did they just not amend the law? The class is still an additional cost imposed by the government to exercise a right. $50 to $100 might not be a significant amount to you but it is to meany people.
    US Army 1953-1977

— Abraham Lincoln

AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by rutcrazed View Post
    FYI RoadRunner, It is coming up again only better IMHO
    I just hope it doesn't take as long to get to the gov's desk as SB59 did.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links