Seeking Good Vibes... TX CHL Shooting Test

This is a discussion on Seeking Good Vibes... TX CHL Shooting Test within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all! Just dropping in to ask if you all could send some good vibes my way? I'm taking my shooting test tonight for the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Seeking Good Vibes... TX CHL Shooting test

Seeking Good Vibes... TX CHL Shooting test

Hey all! Just dropping in to ask if you all could send some good vibes my way? I'm taking my shooting test tonight for the TX CHL class.

I've practiced with the same ammo/gun I'll be shooting with tonight, and have run through the basics of the test before, so I'm feeling pretty confident. DH is coming along for moral support as well which just means the world to me since he's very busy these days.

I know I only need a 175 to pass, but I'm still going to aim (pun intended) for perfection b/c that's kinda just what I do.

Will update later!

UPDATE: PASSED
    More in post #16
    Last edited by SweetVanity; March 1st, 2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: corrected min. score
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way." - V. Frankl

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    You've got this!

I hope...

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Good luck. If you can see the paper at 3 yards and at 7 yards you can't go wrong. Just
    be sure to follow the firing sequence as it is called out and don't do something that violates
    gun safety common sense. If you are using a pistol, don't get flustered if it jams up. Take your time
    to clear it. You'll miss 10 or 15 points, which will be no big deal.

Most folks will have polished off 180 before the target goes out to 45 feet.
    Last edited by Hopyard; February 28th, 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: a to at
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Good luck. If you can see the paper a 3 yards and at 7 yards you can't go wrong. Just
    be sure to follow the firing sequence as it is called out and don't do something that violates
    gun safety common sense. If you are using a pistol, don't get flustered if it jams up. Take your time
    to clear it. You'll miss 10 or 15 points, which will be no big deal.

Most folks will have polished off 180 before the target goes out to 45 feet.
    Thanks! I just realized you and I are in the same county. I'm taking my test @ Champion in CS.
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way." - V. Frankl

I took my class in early January and the entire class passed with flying colors. Most people shot 245/250 or better.

You won't have any problem.

You need 175 to pass, but as Hopyard suggested, you should have passed by the time you move to the 15 yrd mark.

Good luck.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by cgrisamore View Post
    I took my class in early January and the entire class passed with flying colors. Most people shot 245/250 or better.

You won't have any problem.
    Ahh good to know! Thanks! (And congrats on passing as well!!)

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    You need 175 to pass, but as Hopyard suggested, you should have passed by the time you move to the 15 yrd mark.

Good luck.
    Ahh thanks! I corrected the OP.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetVanity View Post
    Thanks! I just realized you and I are in the same county. I'm taking my test @ Champion in CS.
    They have video of how the test is done on their web site. Watch it a few times. You'll do just fine.

Heck, you get 3 chances a day anyhow. Mike will probably tell you before the test that
    you really have to work at failing; but some manage-- I won't say how because I don't want to
    steal his lines.

They aren't like the HS Math teacher, or the college Organic Chemistry prof. who is in the business of
    weeding out the pre-med students. Relax.

Private message coming.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

You will do fine.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Good luck -- let us know the good news!!!

I Passed!! On to the classroom! Thanks everyone for the good vibes!
    Aceoky, whoppo and Ghost1958 like this.

Congratulations !

Was there ever really any doubt that you would? The shooting test is rather simple, and if you've been practicing, it's a slam dunk.

Semper Fi.

Congo Rats !
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

...I'm guessin' 246...
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetVanity View Post
    I Passed!! On to the classroom! Thanks everyone for the good vibes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links