Carrying in all 50 states, Possible??

This is a discussion on Carrying in all 50 states, Possible?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone think that we will be able to carry in all states that have a concealed carry provision. Other words our ccw license would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying in all 50 states, Possible??

Does anyone think that we will be able to carry in all states that have a concealed carry provision. Other words our ccw license would be honored in all states, just as a drivers license would. What do you think? :question:

Here is my take on it. When HR 218 was signed into law some people were upset because it was only for cops. First of all LEAA fought 12 long years to get it, and second it should offer encouragement as an example as to what can be done if you fight for it. It may take 12 years to get but it will never happen if it isnít fought for. Usually once you are able to get the door open a small crack, getting it all the way open becomes easier. The LEAA has proven it is possible if you are willing to continue the fight.

I agree with Silvercorvettte. I see it analagous to the dam that just sprung a vrey minor leak. Even if it is not plugged other leaks too will present themselves. The fact that WE can be 23 State authorized is serious headway. By no means should we rest on our laurels (nor am I saying any of us are). I think that with the HR218 going to the books and time showing that another large segment of the population armed and skilful and competent, time will show this to be a meritorious legislation. :rock:

I think we are seeing the future of things to come but we must all be vigilant to continue the press for better rights for RTKBA.

~A

DC Founder
    Originally posted by silvercorvette
    Here is my take on it. When HR 218 was signed into law some people were upset because it was only for cops. First of all LEAA fought 12 long years to get it, and second it should offer encouragement as an example as to what can be done if you fight for it. It may take 12 years to get but it will never happen if it isnít fought for. Usually once you are able to get the door open a small crack, getting it all the way open becomes easier. The LEAA has proven it is possible if you are willing to continue the fight.
    Amen! CCW permit holders need to keep take every opportunity to try to convince any oppostion we run across to understand what the issues are and why it is important that citizens be able to carry concealed. I bring it up to people, selectively, and work on them until they at least start thinking about the issue logically.

There really needs to be an association that could pull everyone together and educate people. I would hope that the bulk of LEOs would support us. :)

Write your congressman/women/public shill . There is talk on capital hill of a 50 state bill.

I think it\'s absolutely plausible, though I think there is a lot of work to do. It\'s not something we\'ll see in the immediate future, but if we\'re persistent and take every opportunity to educate people, we\'ll have a much better chance of overcoming adversity.

Do you have any more info on this???

~A

Originally posted by nighthawk
    Write your congressman/women/public shill . There is talk on capital hill of a 50 state bill.

VIP Member
    I\'d love to have complete reciprocity.

Originally posted by Betty
    I\'d love to have complete reciprocity.
    I am a retired cop so I have it, but before the law was signed I was looking into getting a Florida permit. From what I understand Florida is easy to get and having a Florida permit makes you good to go with reciprocity in about 26 to 28 states

Kahrman
    We could get national reciprocity if CCW permit holders could band together for the cause. I don\'t think that will ever happen.

As long as the Daly minions reign supreme in Illinois - it\'ll never happen. 49? Maybe - someday. All 50? Nope.

Unfortunatly I happen to live in WI which does not allow for cc. They have been trying to get it passed but it doesn\'t help when you have a liberal governer. Back in 04 they failed to turn over Doyle\'s vetoe by one vote.:(

DC Founder
    Originally posted by reg440
    Unfortunatly I happen to live in WI which does not allow for cc. They have been trying to get it passed but it doesn\'t help when you have a liberal governer. Back in 04 they failed to turn over Doyle\'s vetoe by one vote.:(
    Oh, man, that\'s close. I hope you have called, written, and emailed every representative you have espousing the virtues of law abiding citizens carrying concealed (and all that). We will be rooting for you, reg440. ;)

It\'s near possible....I\'ve got a friend in Virginia in a Govt. job that has him traveling all over the country.....he\'s acquired CCW from a number of different states that, when considering the reprocicity allows him to carry in 41 states....the problem is \"THAT\'S AWFUL EXPENSIVE\"...but, if you do a lot of traveling it might be worth it.

That is pretty much what the law of diminishing returns is all about. Spend a little money gain a lot. Spend a lot more money and get smaller gain. Spend a ton more of money and get an extremely small gain. You can gain 26 or 28 state by spending a small amount of money to get a Florida permit. Spending a bit more to gain a few more states may be worth it. But spending a huge amount of money in trying to get above 40 states many of which you will never visit may give you bragging rights but really does not make financial $en$e. Spend a small amount of money for the Fla. Permit. Then pick the state or states that you really think you will visit or pass through. Then wait for things to change while you do everything you can to change the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links