MS house bill 2 and 485

This is a discussion on MS house bill 2 and 485 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.facebook.com/PhilipGunn/p...643040243443:0 MS governor Phil Bryant signed into law two bills passed yesterday protecting the identity of residents holding CCP from public record access and clarifying ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By capnbo

Thread: MS house bill 2 and 485

MS house bill 2 and 485

http://www.facebook.com/PhilipGunn/p...643040243443:0

MS governor Phil Bryant signed into law two bills passed yesterday protecting the identity of residents holding CCP from public record access and clarifying " concealed in whole or in part" that an earlier attorney general opinion put CCP
    holders at risk of breaking the law if accidental exposure occurred while carrying concealed.

I'm proud of our leadership that protects our 2nd Ammendment rights
    in MS. We need patriots like these men
    in Washington defending our constitution.

Rep Phillip Gunn has contacted many firearm manufactures being hassled in anti-gun states, inviting them to relocate
    to MS where they are welcome.
    Eagleks likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Go MS! Good steps in the right direction...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hopefully more states will follow suit.

"Law-abiding citizens should not feel like they are doing something wrong by having a concealed carry permit,” Speaker Gunn said. “This law exempts their names and addresses from being a matter of public record, which we feel will protect their rights and identities."

“This legislation strengthens the Second Amendment rights of Mississippians by ensuring gun owners can continue to protect themselves and their families,” Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves said. “We will continue to defend our liberty by supporting strong pro-gun laws that provide actual protection for gun owners.”

Gov. Bryant also signed into law House Bill 2, sponsored by Representative Andy Gipson (R-Brandon). Under the new law, a citizen licensed to carry a concealed weapon will not be penalized if part of his or her weapon is visible. Case law has established that if any part of a weapon is obscured from view, including by a holster, it is considered concealed.

My question: Would it have been easier to clarify it by saying that we are now an "open carry" state? Either way, I'm happy.

GREAT JOB, MISSISSIPPI!

It certainly makes me proud to know our leadership is standing up to protect our 2A rights!

Awesome news from our politicians. Now if just my cc permit would come in. Tomorrow will be 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ofdesp View Post
    My question: Would it have been easier to clarify it by saying that we are now an "open carry" state? Either way, I'm happy.

GREAT JOB, MISSISSIPPI!
    Maybe, but not everybody would've understood what that meant. And besides, it does more than that. Section 1, subsection (4) of 97-37-1 now reads "For the purposes of this section, "concealed" means hidden or obscured from common observation and shall not include any weapon listed in subsection (1) of this section, including, but not limited to, a loaded or unloaded pistol carried upon the person in a sheath, belt holster or shoulder holster that is wholly or partially visible, or carried upon the person in a scabbard or case for carrying the weapon that is wholly or partially visible." This eliminates the confusion in the case law and that ridiculous AG opinion wherein that moron defined "concealed" differently for permit-holders than non-permit-holders.

Now that "concealed" is clearly and logically defined, the MS Constitution's permitting regulation only of concealed carry can clearly apply and open carry is good to go effective 1 July 13.
    Guns don't kill people. Drivers on cell phones do.

Quote Originally Posted by capnbo View Post
    Mississippi... | Facebook

MS governor Phil Bryant signed into law two bills passed yesterday protecting the identity of residents holding CCP from public record access and clarifying " concealed in whole or in part" that an earlier attorney general opinion put CCP
    holders at risk of breaking the law if accidental exposure occurred while carrying concealed.

I'm proud of our leadership that protects our 2nd Ammendment rights
    in MS. We need patriots like these men
    in Washington defending our constitution.

Rep Phillip Gunn has contacted many firearm manufactures being hassled in anti-gun states, inviting them to relocate
    to MS where they are welcome.
    Good job on the part of "your" representativs.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

MS house bill 2 and 485

jcpeewee

I applied the beginning of January and received mine 47 days later. I was told by MHP it mat take as long as 65 days.

MS house bill 2 and 485

Yes prior to this MS was OCINO. It claimed OC but practice and precedent said it was not. The only way to OC was on a string around your neck one MHP joked with me once. It was to allow the carry of hunting weapons IN HAND originally.
    Glad they defined it.

Posted from the outer reaches of the universe via my Star Fleet communicator! Live long & prosper.

Links