Telling the new girl you carry? - Page 2

Telling the new girl you carry?

This is a discussion on Telling the new girl you carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like you're doing great! My girl really LOVES her Kel-Tec 380!! She just got her ccw permit in WV in July and NH in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Telling the new girl you carry?

Thumbs up Good Luck!

Sounds like you're doing great!

My girl really LOVES her Kel-Tec 380!!

She just got her ccw permit in WV in July and NH in September (thanks to a little work on my end). She is a GREAT shot and tells me now, "I can't imagine NOT carrying!"

She also enjoys shooting my Glock .40, but prefers the Kel-Tec (a little pride of ownership ).

So, take your time, work with her slowly and patiently then enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Carry safe,

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

Clearly within the month, you should buy her a nice present of a compact 1911 .45 carry pistol for her very own. If she's worthy she'll love it. If she's not, you can keep the pistol yourself. Now that's a win win situation! LOL.

Best of luck.

Roger

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    Clearly within the month, you should buy her a nice present of a compact 1911 .45 carry pistol for her very own.
    It is the upcoming gift giving season! Don't start out with jewelry. Start out with firearms and accessories!
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    +1 with linda , only encorage her to get her ccw , and then post a pic of the proud new ccw holder with her carry rig bud .. that would be much nicer than the unmentionables one , at least for us old married farts lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Get her a used Ruger Mark II and she'll come around.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Congrats, you found a sane one! I knew I had a keeper when I told my gf my roomate and I had just gotten our CHL's, and she asked me when I was buying the gun. She had never even shot a gun before (I've since remedied that), but had no problems with me carrying one, as long as I did it safely. We've since had "the gun talk" and she's flat out told me she feels safer when I'm wearing it. Next step is to get her one.

I think you handled the situation very well. You weren't carrying at the time, so she has evidence that you're not married to your gun. And you didn't lean out the window to shoot a raccoon. "It's fer dinner!" good job. Keep the girl, carry the gun. Everybody wins.

I think all is well with you and her. Good job !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

thanks everyone!
    last night, after she made me fresh enchiladas (yummy!) and we watched a little TV, we talked about guns a little more ( I was unarmed again, gun was in the truck) (plus, she likes to cuddle with me! :) ) anyway, she's really looking forward to shooting, she's busy this weekend, but I'm thinking Monday night.

And as far as buying HER a 1911 before I get one... well, we'll just have to see about that! But if it gets serious, and she wants to carry, and she wants to carry a $2,000 dollar custom stainless match grade target pistol, then that's just what she'll get! I wouldn't say "here honey, the Jennings will fit in your purse better!"

I guess I'll just have to see what happens! Thanks again everyone, and if I get her to carry, well, I'll defintiely get a pic on here! Crexrun
    Walther P22, Velocitors, on my side. Ruger P95, Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps, bedside. Mossberg 500, full of steel shot behind the door. And a Princeton Tec Genesis 3 watt led and a Gerber Ridge knife! Don't steal MY Coors Light!

Interesting topic. I've been EDCing for two months (just got my CPL) and haven't told my wife of 9 years yet. I look at it as tactical training on concealment, as if she found out she'd pitch a fit.

I guess I'm just waiting until I can say "I've been carrying around you for 6 months and nothing bad happened...heck, you didn't even know!"

"heck, you didn't even know!"

HA! I dont' know much about women, but.... In my 28 years, I HAVE learned... Women aren't really into NOT knowing! lol! I'm thinking that this may have adverse effects on your home life for a few days after the news! Good luck diffusing THAT situation, although, in your defense, it has been said it's easier to beg forgiveness than to seek permission, I know of quite a few women who would prefer to be kept in the loop on such matters. :D

I hope it turns out well for you. And trust me, I know, some of the ladies are less than supportive when it comes to our ideas, so actually, maybe you're going the right way! I'm a car guy, so... when it comes to buying a new air cleaner for the hot rod versus groceries, sometimes what's a simple decision for ME turns out with less that glorious results! Anyway, have a good day, Good luck! Crexrun
    Walther P22, Velocitors, on my side. Ruger P95, Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps, bedside. Mossberg 500, full of steel shot behind the door. And a Princeton Tec Genesis 3 watt led and a Gerber Ridge knife! Don't steal MY Coors Light!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not counseling witholding information, just explaining my poor logic!!!

Maybe this thread should be moved to the Tactical Scenario thread!

haha! gotcha. That would be the place for that!

Ya' done good.

Just a note to others that may be in the same situation now or that someday might be; being a military member does not equal pro-carry or even pro-gun. I've been in the military, and weapons are strictly forbidden on base under normal conditions except for MP's. (Ironic huh?) I even had a hammer confiscated from my tool box once. So it is not something that many are accustomed to.

While I was in active duty I got into a gun discussion with one of the guys I worked with. (He was military also.) I told him that I owned a few guns and he absolutely freaked! I'm glad we weren't up on the wing or something of the C-130E (we were in the flight deck) because I think he would have jumped and hurt himself. I think he wanted to get out of the vicinity real bad.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." - Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

The way I tell a girl I carry is this:
    "I carry a gun 24/7. Don't like it? There's the door!"

That's not to say that she'll be around the next day though.

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Dog View Post
    Ya' done good.

Just a note to others that may be in the same situation now or that someday might be; being a military member does not equal pro-carry or even pro-gun. I've been in the military, and weapons are strictly forbidden on base under normal conditions except for MP's. (Ironic huh?) I even had a hammer confiscated from my tool box once. So it is not something that many are accustomed to.

While I was in active duty I got into a gun discussion with one of the guys I worked with. (He was military also.) I told him that I owned a few guns and he absolutely freaked! I'm glad we weren't up on the wing or something of the C-130E (we were in the flight deck) because I think he would have jumped and hurt himself. I think he wanted to get out of the vicinity real bad.
    I find the restrictions on carrying on a base are sort of strange--I am going to a rifle match at a huge Marine base here in California this weekend (just to watch and learn!), and I cannot carry while on the base, hundreds of people shooting guns, but you cannot carry while on base, strange.
    "Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin". John Wayne in True Grit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links