Houston gun show

Houston gun show

This is a discussion on Houston gun show within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There is a fairly large gun show in Houston this weekend that I was thinking about going to, but with the gun and ammo shortage ...

Houston gun show

There is a fairly large gun show in Houston this weekend that I was thinking about going to, but with the gun and ammo shortage would it be worth going to? It's about a four hr round trip and don't want to waste a day if it isn't worthwhile. Has anyone been to one lately?

The NRA convention is coming to the George R. Brown convention center in May. The last time i was at a gun show in Houston was right before Christmas. Got a great deal on a Ruger SR40C... However i should have bought at least 500 rounds at the show. Not sure what they will have this weekend. i will wait for the NRA convention and go then.

Distinguished Member
    I went to one in January when things were still really crazy, I think it was worth it - still had lots of guns (almost no AR's, AK's though) and actually had ammo (and not too badly overpriced). I will definetly be going to the one coming in May. Although a 4 hr round trip it alot of traveling, prob too much for me just for a gun show - unless I was desperate to buy some things.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

The website says the Houston Show is 3/23 - 3/24. You might want to double check.
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

We had a show about 3 weeks ago. Lots of guns and lots of certain types of ammo. .22 and 9mm was VERY scarce, also, not a lot of .410 shotgun shells. Most of the rest seemed available, but they were putting limits on the amount you could purchase.

Do U like Guns?
    Then by all means go! U gotta have fun one way or the other an' U might see some good stuff or just learn a new thing.
    I go just to see new guns and prices but usually git a new toy too.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I hate saying that, but it's true. With a four hour round trip, the price of gas these days, knowing what the pricing is going to be like on ammo and weapons, skip it. Plus, Houston traffic has made me want to shoot someone more than once!

Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    The website says the Houston Show is 3/23 - 3/24. You might want to double check.
    That's the High Caliber Gun & Knife Show. There is a different one this weekend. I believe it is called the Premier Gun Show.

Links