Do some people print on purpose?

This is a discussion on Do some people print on purpose? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been noticing more and more people with skin tight clothing wearing huge OWB holsters. I notice it a lot during the summer months around ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Do some people print on purpose?

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar

I've been noticing more and more people with skin tight clothing wearing huge OWB holsters. I notice it a lot during the summer months around here. Just the other day it got really warm and i saw a dude doing it with what appeared to be a 1911...I swear i could almost read the model number and brand of his holster through his shirt.

Do people do this out of laziness? Or possibly trying to look cool or intimidating? Maybe some just like pushing the limits of what's allowed...Is it a comfort thing?

Does anyone else notice people doing this? Do you ever carry "concealed" like this?

Re: Do some people print on purpose?

Im sure they do, there's no way I would leave the house OWB printing unless I was open carrying. Its not hard to hide a firearm with tight clothes with a good IWB holster

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Takeem406 likes this.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    concealed meand concealed to me. I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying
    CDW4ME and mano3 like this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    Im sure they do, there's no way I would leave the house OWB printing unless I was open carrying. Its not hard to hide a firearm with tight clothes with a good IWB holster

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    concealed meand concealed to me. I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying

Same here... I prefer CC or OC. OC isn't legal here but it seems some people are hybridizing the two.

VIP Member
    IF it's an open carry state it doesn't matter.

I gave up wearing tight t-shirts after my freshman year in college.

Tommy Bahamma shirts are the greatest concealed carry garments ever for OWB holsters. Big shirts, long cut, me like 'em.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I avoid printing. Although OC is technically allowed in my state, it is frowned upon by LEOs in a state that is not a "shall issue" state. I would never "print on purpose." It makes no sense both in terms of instigating a potential encounter with a nervous LEO or tipping off a BG. All my carry gear is designed to be "concealed."
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Were they wearing skinny jeans with a Tap Out shirt, too?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Who knows why people carry this way. Ignorance? Arrogance? Comfortability? I don't know. I wouldn't and don't carry that way, but issues like this are almost impossible to figure out.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    IF it's an open carry state it doesn't matter.

I gave up wearing tight t-shirts after my freshman year in college.

Tommy Bahamma shirts are the greatest concealed carry garments ever for OWB holsters. Big shirts, long cut, me like 'em.
    No OC here. I'm not even sure the extent of what i'm sometimes seeing is technically legal.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Were they wearing skinny jeans with a Tap Out shirt, too?
    LOL. I remember one dude was wearing some tight jeans but most of the time it's just old country looking boys.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    Who knows why people carry this way. Ignorance? Arrogance? Comfortability? I don't know. I wouldn't and don't carry that way, but issues like this are almost impossible to figure out.
    True. Maybe i should just ask the next person i see doing it.

lol, most of the people I see printing in a manner I can only deem as intentional, are somewhat cut/bulky guys who wear clothes a size or two too small to look bigger.

I personally prefer to wear a size (or two) bigger to hide my size, weapon, and tattoos. Element of surprise and all.
    wishyouwell and NONAME762 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I hope not, but i'm sure there are some idiots that do. OC is illegal here thankfully for handguns, I've seen a few people print but they weren't doing it on purpose. One was a guy at a Bass Pro that seemed to have a really bad carry rig on (bad belt, holster was rolling out) and the other was a cop friend of mine that isn't really into guns and just carries his duty gun when off and was printing through his shirt once, I told him and he corrected it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I hope not, but i'm sure there are some idiots that do. OC is illegal here thankfully for handguns, I've seen a few people print but they weren't doing it on purpose. One was a guy at a Bass Pro that seemed to have a really bad carry rig on (bad belt, holster was rolling out) and the other was a cop friend of mine that isn't really into guns and just carries his duty gun when off and was printing through his shirt once, I told him and he corrected it.

I guess i never realized TX isn't an OC state... I'm sort of surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    I guess i never realized TX isn't an OC state... I'm sort of surprised.
    OC of handguns is explicitly banned in public, OC of long guns is is a sort of legal limbo, it isn't explicitly banned but it isn't legal either. In a practical sense, if you OC a long gun in a rural area most people won't say anything, urban would be a very different story. There was an incident last year here in Dallas where a man was walking around his neighborhood with a shotgun, people called the police, they responded and told him to drop it, he turned towards them and they shot and killed him, grand jury ruled it justified.

Many people have a lot of misconceptions about Texas and guns, in reality we didn't get CC until the mid 90s, largely as a result of the Luby's Massacre. There is a bill in the legislature right now to legalize OC of handguns provided one has a CHL, it has a decent potential to pass and almost certainly would be signed by Perry. The broadest we get right now as far as carry without a CHL is that our Castle Doctrine extends to your car, boat, RV etc. This came as a remedy to the poorly written "traveling provision" we had on the books previously that no one really understood. Harris County (Houston) was known to prosecute anyone without a CHL for having a gun in their car, other counties never did, Dallas eventually just stopped accepting cases since it was a total pain to prosecute them. In 2007 they finally changed the law and dumped the "traveling" language.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    OC of handguns is explicitly banned in public, OC of long guns is is a sort of legal limbo, it isn't explicitly banned but it isn't legal either. In a practical sense, if you OC a long gun in a rural area most people won't say anything, urban would be a very different story. There was an incident last year here in Dallas where a man was walking around his neighborhood with a shotgun, people called the police, they responded and told him to drop it, he turned towards them and they shot and killed him, grand jury ruled it justified.

Many people have a lot of misconceptions about Texas and guns, in reality we didn't get CC until the mid 90s, largely as a result of the Luby's Massacre. There is a bill in the legislature right now to legalize OC of handguns provided one has a CHL, it has a decent potential to pass and almost certainly would be signed by Perry. The broadest we get right now as far as carry without a CHL is that our Castle Doctrine extends to your car, boat, RV etc. This came as a remedy to the poorly written "traveling provision" we had on the books previously that no one really understood. Harris County (Houston) was known to prosecute anyone without a CHL for having a gun in their car, other counties never did, Dallas eventually just stopped accepting cases since it was a total pain to prosecute them. In 2007 they finally changed the law and dumped the "traveling" language.

Good info... I know you're against OC we've discussed it before... you think it's going to pass this year?

I think some carriers do it out of a want ofr attention, hence the super tight shirts with a full size glock "concealed."
    wishyouwell and blitzburgh like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links