Carried with the least concealment yet last night, success!

This is a discussion on Carried with the least concealment yet last night, success! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a new carrier - I have only had my permit for a month or so. Being in the frigid mid west, I've not had ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 84160
  • 2 Post By asldkjfqwoifqwo
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Carried with the least concealment yet last night, success!

I'm a new carrier - I have only had my permit for a month or so. Being in the frigid mid west, I've not had any problem concealing under a baggy hoodie or under a coat so no problems there. I've been getting more and more comfortable with carrying, but there's still that feeling that someone is going to notice or something, even when I'm concealing really well.

Well last night after work I went to get my hair cut and all I had on was a short sleeve polo that is a size too small with a t-shirt under it. I had not checked to see if I was printing badly in the morning because I can't carry at work so the gun stays in the car. I bucked up and went in, got my hair cut, and left, nobody the wiser (as far as I know).

I was a little touchy, pulling my shirt down, not swinging my arm enough... you know, the tell tale signs of a person hiding something... but I think it was good for me.

Come summer time, I should be good to go, I hope :)

Oh I'm carrying an M&P40c in a N82 Pro holster at 3:30

Yep, the more you wear it out in public with the right type clothing, the less you'll worry about it.

I wear long Polo shirts in the summer and not had any problems at all
    Dsbjax likes this.
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gerry
    Ft Collins

When I get my haircut the barbers want to know everything they can about my carry practices!! Living in a small rural town does have it's advantages!

I get my hair cut at a place called Sport Clips - its a chain and its staffed by female stylists but they only do men/boys. With kids in there and ladies at the helm, I imagine there'd be someone uncomfortable with the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    I get my hair cut at a place called Sport Clips - its a chain and its staffed by female stylists but they only do men/boys. With kids in there and ladies at the helm, I imagine there'd be someone uncomfortable with the whole thing
    Concealed means CONCEALED!!
    Dsbjax and sixgun like this.

The first time I went IWB tucked with a T-Shirt and shhorts, I swear everyone was looking and pointing at me. But after a few times and some awareness on not printing, I got more confortable with it. Now, not even my wife notices.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I would never consider asking someone if the bulge under a shirt was a gun, especially with others around. It's bad manners.
    kerberos likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

You'd be amazed by the audacity of some young people these days... ;)

mkh
    You will do fine. You just need to get comfortable with it.

The longer you carry, the easier it is and the less concern you'll have. You should always stay alert and mindful of the weapon, but with practice you will get over that "everyone is looking and they know I have a gun" feeling. Carry often and stay safe!

I've found I care less and less about printing - in Texas, printing doesn't really matter legally. People are generally oblivious to this type of thing. I finally realized that about 6 years ago after I had been carrying for a year. I still try to avoid printing, but you'll find as you become more experienced and your wardrobe develops over time as you make purchase choices based more and more on concealment, you don't think or care as much about it any more.

Cheers
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I've been in Flagler Beach all week and I carry the Two in my Avaitor all day every day. Shorts and T-Shirt today.

Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    I'm a new carrier - I have only had my permit for a month or so.

... all I had on was a short sleeve polo that is a size too small with a t-shirt under it. I had not checked to see if I was printing badly ...

Oh I'm carrying an M&P40c in a N82 Pro holster at 3:30
    If wearing "tight" shirts, it would be good to test out your "wasn't printing" theory on a few more folks, perhaps at the range. Caution, as basing a decision for that on a single instance might get you outed if in fact it's relatively easy to see. Just a thought.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Oh I am not expecting to carry while printing that badly again. It was a on time thing.

When I first started carrying I was nervous that people would notice. But I got used to it. And concealed means just that concealed. I carry a S&W m&p9c in a galco king -tuk holster under a t-shirt does a good job for me.

Sponsored Links