Question for West Virginia residents

This is a discussion on Question for West Virginia residents within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I lived in West Virginia for many years and have a CHP that still has a couple of years on it. When I moved out ...

Thread: Question for West Virginia residents

I lived in West Virginia for many years and have a CHP that still has a couple of years on it. When I moved out of state did that invalidate my CHP? The reason I ask is that I now live in Arizona and have their state issued CWP. As of 2/28/13 it's no longer recognized by Nevada and I'm hoping that I can use my WV permit when I visit friends in Nevada.

Any thoughts on this?
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If you are now a AZ resident, and your WV permit is a "WV Resident" permit, my assumption is that the WV permit would now be invalid or at least not honored as you are not a WV resident. IMO. You need to check into the NV requirements of honoring another state's permit as some states will only honor a permit if the holder is a resident of the permit's state.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    It was voided the minute you got your AZ drivers license as you then were no longer a resident of WV.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

That ^ im not sure if wv issues non resident permits, maybe you could check into that! Wv is a fairly easy place to get your CWP, as you already know.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    It was voided the minute you got your AZ drivers license as you then were no longer a resident of WV.
    That's what I thought. Thanks, Gary, for your quick response and thanks to everyone else who put in their $0.02. Much appreciated.
    Looks like Fox pepper spray and a blade will have to do for the time being.
    Vietnam Veterans of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member / GOA - Life Member
    SAF - Life Member / AzCDL - Life Member
    Avid motorcyclist for over 50 years.

A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent upon arriving - Lao Tzu

Sponsored Links