Gun Bill in S.C. (Merged)

This is a discussion on Gun Bill in S.C. (Merged) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; some may,or may not,be aware,there is a Senator,Lee Bright(R), from upstate,that has proposed a bill,that would eliminate CC permits,and have OC in S.C..Just wondering how ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Gun Bill in S.C. (Merged)

some may,or may not,be aware,there is a Senator,Lee Bright(R), from upstate,that has proposed a bill,that would eliminate CC permits,and have OC in S.C..Just wondering how do people feel about this?You may want to email Senator Bright,if you want this.Thanks.Take care all.Have a nice day...Wanted to add the bill can be found on the "Bill Tracking-Palmetto Gun Rights".
    Last edited by heatherr855; March 12th, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

I saw that in the news this morning.Open carry a nice option to have.I'm not sure i would,because i dont want to draw attention to myself.So far as permit,i would still like to be able to get one,or have the option ,because of traveling to other states.
    tcox4freedom and revldm like this.

Yea,i'm not sure i would open carry,but,i want the option of the ccw because of traveling to other states.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I believe this is the "Constitutional Carry" bill. It would get rid of any permit requirement to carry open or concealed. the permit system would remain for people who wanted it for reciprocity puproses.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Sounds pretty good if you think everyone is like us.... but they are not!!!!!! This would mean every thug you meet on the street can legally carry a gun. I have no problem with the current permit system and can see where it would be nice if the permit allowed for either open or concealed carry.
    heatherr855 likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm not an OC fan either, but I'm for any legislation that restores our basic rights.

You can track the SC stuff here: Bill Tracking - Palmetto Gun Rights
    blitzburgh likes this.

Thugs are going to carry law or no law.
    WHEC724 and blitzburgh like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    Sounds pretty good if you think everyone is like us.... but they are not!!!!!! This would mean every thug you meet on the street can legally carry a gun. I have no problem with the current permit system and can see where it would be nice if the permit allowed for either open or concealed carry.
    No. No it doesn't. It would still be illegal for felons to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I'm not an OC fan either, but I'm for any legislation that restores our basic rights.

You can track the SC stuff here: Bill Tracking - Palmetto Gun Rights
    Palmetto Rights is being kind of slow on updating. Last time I checked, there were 25 bills in the house and senate that dealt with weapons.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Palmetto Rights is being kind of slow on updating. Last time I checked, there were 25 bills in the house and senate that dealt with weapons.
    Is there a better link for tracking this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Is there a better link for tracking this stuff?
    The only place better is going to the SC Legislature's page and look up current legilsation by subject.

South Carolina Legislature Mobile

Denise Snelling is pretty good about responding to emails, but the website hasn't been updated since the begninging of January as far as I can tell.

I first read about this on the, Bill Tracking-Palmetto Gun Rights.It goes into more detail if anyone is interested.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    It seems like a step in the wrong direction. Here in VA, open carry is legal. No back ground check required., but a concealed handgun permit requires a background check and training. Why would they want to eliminate a permiting process that at least has the applicant pass a police back ground check and some firearms training. This could be hurtful and fuel for the antis.
    SCXDm9, heatherr855 and Lightweb like this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    It seems like a step in the wrong direction. Here in VA, open carry is legal. No back ground check required., but a concealed handgun permit requires a background check and training. Why would they want to eliminate a permiting process that at least has the applicant pass a police back ground check and some firearms training. This could be hurtful and fuel for the antis.
    That is the whole point. It is Constitutional Carry. No permit needed. Arizona has this as well as Vermont and a few other states.

The timing might be a little ambitious for what the populace is prepared for, but this should be the end goal for all of us.
    blitzburgh and Bacon like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I appreciate your sentiment. The problem is that you're turning over an inherent right to be regulated as a privilege that is determined by some other authority. What if they determine a criteria in their background check where they decide that YOU shouldn't be allowed to carry? It provides a hook for an anti to extend their control over the population. I've already slid down this slippery slope with other government agencies in other areas of regulation and have learned painful lessons there.

And frankly, I don't care what the anti's think. They will not give up until we are all disarmed.
    Bacon likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links