Arkansas permit turn around time

This is a discussion on Arkansas permit turn around time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am patiently waiting for my permit, checking the mail daily. I was just curious if there are any others that have recently applied for ...

Thread: Arkansas permit turn around time

Arkansas permit turn around time

I am patiently waiting for my permit, checking the mail daily. I was just curious if there are any others that have recently applied for or received a permit in Arkansas? If so, what was your wait time? I know of 2 folks that took the same class that I did that received a notice from the state police that their fingerprints were not good enough quality to be accepted and they will have to be re-printed. I have not received this notice so it looks like I am good in that area. Thanks, Jason

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    By law they have 120 days to get them out. Right now they are being flooded. I had 43 students a few weeks ago. I have 40 this weekend. One other in town has 35 per week.

Times are running long, right at the 120 day limit right now.

For requals, if you do it online, they are quick. I did mine a month ago, it took 5 days.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Thank ya Sir. Just the kind of info I was looking for.

Year before last I got mine back in about 5 weeks. My wife just filed hers in Feb. and I don't expect it to be back before the end May.

I took the class on Jan 19th. Filled out the application online and sent my fingerprint cart and certificate to the ASP via certified mail. They signed for them on Jan 24th. They just changed my status online this week from pending receipt of documentation to pending background check.

I'm guessing a minimum of 90 days from my application date.

I just checked again yesterday online and was notified my license has been issued....took a shade over 8 weeks from the time I sent my application off.
    If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

My status has been changed to "license issued" on the Arkansas State Police website although I have not received it in the mail yet. Shouldn't be long now.

Links