Babies r us

This is a discussion on Babies r us within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My girlfriends brother is having a kid in a few months so I got dragged into some shopping yesterday. First stop is babies r us. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Babies r us

Babies r us

My girlfriends brother is having a kid in a few months so I got dragged into some shopping yesterday. First stop is babies r us. So I get out of the car with them and head inside, and there on the door is a sign that says no firearms. So I walk back to the car and lock my gun in the glove box. I go inside and ask to speak to the store manager about a store policy. He comes out and I reach for my wallet where I keep some of those cards that say if you don't support my right to carry I don't support your business. I didn't feel the need to explain it to him I think the card is pretty straight forward. So after I handed it to him I simply said have a good day and went back to my car.

I don't know about all of them but at least the babies r us, here doesn't allow you to carry in there store. I find I've been giving out a lot of these cards lately.
    ZOMBIEvs42 and Christopher67 like this.

2. Remove Ads

well, another reason to keep my wife out of Babies R us. WOOHOO +1 to you sir.
    031131 likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Do signs carry weight of law in NH? It might be a corporate policy rather than local store. Don't remember if my local babies r us have signs or not.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

It's a choice we all have and that's a good thing.Personally,i don't boycott a place that chooses not to allow guns,if they have something i want, not just because they don't feel the same way i do about cc.If i had the option of going into the same kind of store that allowed cc,i would go there first.I don't try to tell them how they should or shouldn't run their business,so far as firearms.It's not my store.That's just me.
    Hopyard, olsoul and DubH00 like this.

Signs don't carry weight here in CA either but the only one I've seen was on a "Toys R Us."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    Do signs carry weight of law in NH? It might be a corporate policy rather than local store. Don't remember if my local babies r us have signs or not.

Unfortunately they do.

I don't watch for gunbuster signs, as I'm covered by H.R. 218, but I understand those who aren't, and the business cards
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Unfortunately they do.
    that sucks. Let us know if you hear from that manager.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    You have a right not to spend your money there. They have a right to run their business the way they want. Their sign is protected under the first amendment, and even if you disagree with the sign and hate the sign, you should be willing to fight for their right to post it. Preserve, protect and defend the Constitution, all of it.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I'm curious. Since you were already there and had gone to the trouble to go back to your car why didn't you engage in a friendly conversation? It is likely he would have told you it was corporate policy -- but who knows? Maybe he has local discretion.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Babies r us

Signs don't carry any legal weight here in Alabama unless the laws specifies that location regarding firearms. So I have decided to ignore these signs where it has no legal weight. However, I am obligated to leave if asked to do so and I would adhere to that request.

As for patronizing the establishment, my policy is simple. If I'm ever asked to leave an establishment for any reason, they will never see one red cent of my money. Other than that, since their signs carry no legal weight I just go about my business and ignore their signs. I simply don't have the time or resources to single out businesses who allow firearms and only patronize them.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Just a warning: If your state doesn't have weight of law for no gun signs, you still may be subject to trespassing.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Just a warning: If your state doesn't have weight of law for no gun signs, you still may be subject to trespassing.
    Only if you refuse to leave when asked.
    Aceoky and Arborigine like this.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I don't think you would be trespassing unless they have asked you to leave. In SC if the sign is not a certain size it carries no weight and if you choose to ignore and they for some reason find you out and ask you to leave, you must leave or THEN you will be trespassing. But until then you are not illegal in SC.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    My girlfriends brother is having a kid in a few months so I got dragged into some shopping yesterday. First stop is babies r us. So I get out of the car with them and head inside, and there on the door is a sign that says no firearms. So I walk back to the car and lock my gun in the glove box. I go inside and ask to speak to the store manager about a store policy. He comes out and I reach for my wallet where I keep some of those cards that say if you don't support my right to carry I don't support your business. I didn't feel the need to explain it to him I think the card is pretty straight forward. So after I handed it to him I simply said have a good day and went back to my car.

I don't know about all of them but at least the babies r us, here doesn't allow you to carry in there store. I find I've been giving out a lot of these cards lately.
    Don't you live in southern NH (i.e. Northern Ma LOL!!)? I never once saw a no gun sign north of Conway. THAT is NH
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links