Pistol Wear Holsters

Pistol Wear Holsters

This is a discussion on Pistol Wear Holsters within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I had been trying to get some information on these Pistol Wear holsters but after a few (3?) replies here and else where, I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RickyD

Thread: Pistol Wear Holsters

Pistol Wear Holsters

OK, I had been trying to get some information on these Pistol Wear holsters but after a few (3?) replies here and else where, I decided to get myself one to try. Pistol Wear holsters are pretty much a Smart Carry clone except they offer a 2 pocket model along with 2 1-pocket units. This is what I've come up with so far:

So I decided to get a Pistol Wear holster. I got the "Trump Card" model which is a one-pocket Smart Carry-type clone. They also make 1 and 2 pocket models. I only needed a small unit because I already have a Smart Carry.

First impressions: Fabric is more porous so should be cool. Downside is less rugged than Smart Carry, IMO.

Fastens with 3 snaps after adjusting the size with Velcro. This is an improvement, IMO, that you can set and forget. Just fit it and next time you just put it on and it'll fit. Not a big deal, but a little easier, IMO. The whole unit works like Velcro so it is infinitely adjustable. +1 for Pistol Wear.

This model comes with an over-the-shoulder support strap (like a friggin' brassiere! ) so you can wear it in chest carry fashion. I'm still deciding on this. Might be a good option but you'd really need a shirt with buttons or snaps (like my 5.11 Tactical shirt with front snaps instead of buttons that I just got...) and a T Shirt would probably suck for this use.

All-in-all, this looks interesting. I'll assume the other 2 larger models will be about the same except for size. Smart carry or Pistol wear, a self-supported holster that should work well for clothes with out belts or other fasteners.

Pistol Wear - Comfortable Concealment Holsters For Concealed Carry

VIP Member
    What firearm did you get it for ?. I was looking at these as well.

Distinguished Member
    I have a Pistol Wear holster that I use for deep concealment and for certain physical activities - like wearing gym shorts to walk the dog, etc. I have found it to be very comfortable and useable for the occasions I choose to use it. I carry my Kahr PM9 in this holster, so my experience is with a smaller, lighter weapon.
    ccman likes this.

Links