Where shouldn’t we carry?

This is a discussion on Where shouldn’t we carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A liberal friend was on his bandwagon again this weekend and knowing that I am pro 2nd Amendment, he inquired if there are any places ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Where shouldn’t we carry?

A liberal friend was on his bandwagon again this weekend and knowing that I am pro 2nd Amendment, he inquired if there are any places that I thought that it would not be appropriate to carry. Being a bit if a smart a$$, I responded yes… the shower and any place in the hospital where you can’t wear any type of metal because of the machines. Otherwise, no.

What are your thoughts? Should concealed carry be permitted everywhere? Is there any place where we should not be able to carry? If so, where?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    'Carry' shouldn't be outlawed anywhere, open or concealed, nor should it require a permit, or cost me a dime.

However, I don't think it's wise to carry in mental institutions, prisons, etc.

Similar to freedom of speech, I don't feel it's appropriate to talk like a sailor in a room full of 4 year olds.

Unfortunately, people seem to have lost common sense, and the government thinks it needs to protect us from ourselves. Somewhere along the line the government stopped being 'for the people', and started pushing their own agenda, regardless of what 'the people' want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Similar to freedom of speech, I don't feel it's appropriate to talk like a sailor in a room full of 4 year olds.
    Expect a licence to allow you to do so to be available before 2016.

But yes, I agree, I don't think there should be sanctioned "carry" and "no carry" environments. The Constitution applies everywhere. Or at least, it should...
    Ghost1958 likes this.

'Carry' shouldn't be outlawed anywhere, open or concealed, nor should it require a permit, or cost me a dime.

However, I don't think it's wise to carry in mental institutions, prisons, etc.

Unfortunately, people seem to have lost common sense, and the government thinks it needs to protect us from ourselves. Somewhere along the line the government stopped being 'for the people', and started pushing their own agenda, regardless of what 'the people' want.
    What he said
    Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Life is full of "shoulds" and "shouldn'ts". The prudent person can sort them out. Some need help.
    joker1, USM1976 and marinevet1994 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Gunpowder factory, gasoline plant, the Hindenburgh, inside an oxygen tent, mirror maze,
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

You should be able to carry anywhere you please...but private businesses/institutions/etc still reserve the right to ask you not to because it is private property. Not that I agree with that stance but like I said, it is their right.
    BenGoodLuck, Ogre and pgrass101 like this.

What are your thoughts?
    Debating a liberal is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time & annoys the pig. As for the places I chose not to carry, that's no one's business. Certainly not the concern of a gun control advocate looking to debate my decisions. It's as subjective & personal as my opinions about...everything else! Go get some more conservative, Pro 2nd Amendment friends and let this liberal argue with himself. You're not gonna' change his mind with even the most logical facts & irrefutable points. Now, where's that tone-deaf pig?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

It's dumb to restrict the good guys from carying anywhere while the bad guys are free to do whatever they want. By their nature, they don't give a rat's behind about the rules. People have been killed by criminals in church, work, old folks homes, schools, government buildings, festivals, bars, restaurants, theaters, malls, hospitals and anywhere else you can think of.

Simple answer, you shouldn't carry in any place carrying is restricted by state or federal law. But the shower probably is not a good idea.
    Archie and floridaprepper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsbjax View Post
    Simple answer, you shouldn't carry in any place carrying is restricted by state or federal law. But the shower probably is not a good idea.
    ^^^This^^^^

I carry anywhere not prohibited by law. I have also been known to keep my gun on the counter in the bathroom.

Heyyy, GLOCKs love water! I clean mine in the dishwasher.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I would agree with the general sentiment here already, but I would add this: I am slightly more inclined to allow myself to be dissarmed in locations where there is armed physical security and metal detectors at every available entrance to prevent everyone from being armed. Police stations, courthouses, etc. But if they don't forcibly dissarm EVERYONE that comes in, then I don't think anyone should be dissarmed.
    Yoda, joker1 and Archie like this.
    Walk softly ...

VIP Member
    I agree that carry should be allowed everywhere. Here in Texas, we have a section of the law called 30.06 which allows individuals and businesses to post signs prohibiting concealed carry. The law specifies the wording, size of the lettering, etc. I've written to my state representatives asking them to repeal the law. Basically, 30.06 disarms legally permitted, law-abiding citizens and creates "gun-free" zones that criminals will not honor.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Been saying that for years. Government is making us pay for the rights we already have.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links