Recently qualified 2guns in Cali ccw

This is a discussion on Recently qualified 2guns in Cali ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Feeling pretty good, recently qualified my brand new S/A XD40SC along with my glock22. I was actually surprised seeing how I had never fired my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Recently qualified 2guns in Cali ccw

Feeling pretty good, recently qualified my brand new S/A XD40SC along with my glock22. I was actually surprised seeing how I had never fired my xd40sc. I had receive the xd 12 hrs earlier, but I qualified and now just waiting on my interview with local Sheriffs office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

Must be a Cali deal, We have a permit to carry we choose what and how many we want to carry.
    84160 and .45acpguy like this.

I had no idea you had to qualify with each of your weapons.. Makes me appreciate WA law even more (OPen carry and one CHL license for any concealed gun).. Congrats on passing.

Gary

VIP Member
    Hopefully you'll get your interview and permit in your lifetime!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Hopefully you'll get your interview and permit in your lifetime!
    I had my interview lined up prior to the class. I took the class on march 12-13, my interview is scheduled for April 10,2013 I'm golden!

So dumb with that limit, but congrats on being one step closer!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rem700 View Post
    Must be a Cali deal ...
    Yes, CA requires the specific guns you're going to carry be the ones you (a) pass via a qualifying shoot and (b) have listed on your CHL.

Other than finding a county that's effectively shall-issue to live in, and other than this qualifier/listing type arrangement, it's fairly straightforward. Bummer, that so many CA county sheriffs, though, take the "statement of justification" thing much too far. Thankfully, many of them realize the sanity of having a strong citizenry who can fend for themselves as much as possible.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, CA requires the specific guns you're going to carry be the ones you (a) pass via a qualifying shoot and (b) have listed on your CHL.

Other than finding a county that's effectively shall-issue to live in, and other than this qualifier/listing type arrangement, it's fairly straightforward. Bummer, that so many CA county sheriffs, though, take the "statement of justification" thing much too far. Thankfully, many of them realize the sanity of having a strong citizenry who can fend for themselves as much as possible.
    I agree whole heartedly! That's why the new sheriff has issued more than 1,000 new permits this year alone, than any previous years with sheriff mcguinness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdawgpooch View Post
    I agree whole heartedly! That's why the new sheriff has issued more than 1,000 new permits this year alone, than any previous years with sheriff mcguinness.
    Hopefully, it'll amount to 10% or more of the county's population, by EOY. Now, if only all such counties did that, in Cali. The practically shall-issue ones, that is. The rest are seemingly hopeless beyond repair, sadly, infested as they are. Ah, well. BTDT, in Cali. Did the CHL two-step for years. Never did get used to the concept that "for protection of my life and the lives of my loved ones against violent crime" was never considered legitimate justification, as if there's any other purpose that exists. I'm still flabbergasted at that, after all these years.

Anyway, enjoy your new CHL.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

First off I live in California second I have a CCW and I carry everyday. Having said that I would like to understand something. If it is a anti 2nd law in New York we all want to rally around and help overturn it. When Colorado has become the most anti gun state in the country we want to jump in and help along with it is the California residents that moved to colorado that did this. When a member is excited about getting his permit you have to make snyde remarks about California instead of encouraging him and helping him on the road to a new experience.

Just to add a point I fought in a war for all the states as in the United States not once did I have anybody knock the gun from my hands and say you can't go to Viet Nam because you are one of those from California.

To the OP congratulations and if there is anything you need or questions you have there are a lot of good people here that will help you out even if you are from California.

Respectfully,

Bill

My county has a limit of 4 guns on the permit. County next to me is unlimited. I try to see the silver lineing. If I was unlimited I would be broke as there would always be "one more" gun I needed. My wife dosent understand why I need two 9mm's and two 45acp.

Bottom line, I don't feel under gunned with only 4 CCW's. It allows me to put money into quality guns and become proficient with them. I wouldn't want to feed anymore guns than I have.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    When a member is excited about getting his permit you have to make snyde remarks about California instead of encouraging him and helping him on the road to a new experience.
    You're right. Refusal to help is inexcusable.

And whatever sniping gets done, it's almost always in the sense of aiming at the well-earned reputation of the liberty-hating anti-gunner legislators and citizens who've made it so difficult. In that sense, it has nothing to do with the newbie-from-Cali who's posting.

It is what it is.

And Colorado was what it was, back when. I can remember having been from California and coming to Colorado, only to get furrowed eyebrows and squinchie eyes at the realization of where I'd previously lived. Back then, the bumper stickers stating "Welcome from California ... Now Go Home" were everywhere, as were the ones pleading to "Don't Californ---- Colorado." The citizens then saw it coming. "Berzerkley" was a term for the popular Bay Area town in other areas for decades, elsewhere, though it wouldn't surprise me if the term didn't actually from nice Alameda residents who wondered what jumped over the fence.

Love Cali, myself. Beautiful spot. Besmirched by ugly, bankrupt politics, though, at least IMO. Takes away from much of the beauty and serenity.

Ah, well. It's all good. CO, CA, and perhaps even NY, NJ and MD will survive. Insanity can't reign forever. Forever's too long.
    thebucketeer likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem700 View Post
    Must be a Cali deal, We have a permit to carry we choose what and how many we want to carry.
    Yeah, there are certain drawbacks to living in Kalifornistan. You'd think that if a person was cleared to carry a concealed weapon then it'd be any concealable weapon he/she could legally own. Those of us who live here and have permits are just happy to have them in this squirrel cage! About 90 to 95 per cent of the population can't get one with out being a movie star or a major contributor to a sheriff's re-election campaign.

It would be really interesting to see the overall statistics on the most common weapons used by CA CCW holders. What I'm getting at is: since they can't have more than a 10 round magazine, why carry any weapon designed for a bigger one?

As far as the urbanized areas go, which one is least anti? My understanding is that Orange County used to be but is that still the case after the Carona scandal?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Qualifying with the firearm you will CC makes sense to a point. Does that mean that everytime you decide to purchase another CC, you have to go off to a range, spend an additional sum of money and display proficiency?---I would assume that is the case. In SC, I have my CCWP with a 22, now carry a 5.7X28, and used to carry a 38 revolver. Logic would say that you if you want a CCWP you should have to pass muster with the firearm you will be using as your CC. Logic also says that this can get very messy and time consuming bordering on the ridiculous, which fits California. Want ridiculous? How come we do not have to take a driving test for a license everytime we purchase a different car or even use a different car for some length of time? How about rentals? Maybe Hertz should have a driving test facility at all their offices for precursor testing of your chosen rental. I surely hope no one has suggested this in California where the moonbeam governor could embrace it as logic.
    Rem700 and GH like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links