Excercising with thunderwear on a hot sunny day * 2 thumbs up

This is a discussion on Excercising with thunderwear on a hot sunny day * 2 thumbs up within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in Florida and just got back from a 2 hour walk/ jog with the dogs on the trail. I put my m&p shield ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sixgun
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Excercising with thunderwear on a hot sunny day * 2 thumbs up

I live in Florida and just got back from a 2 hour walk/ jog with the dogs on the trail. I put my m&p shield in my thunderwear(First time using it ) Dressed in just some gym/basketball style shorts and a t-shirt. I couldnt feel a thing very secure and I was fully sprinting with my puppy at one point. My cell phone bouncing in my pocket was way more inconvenient than the 9mm was. I was covered in sweat head to toe but my gun was dry. Yes I do admit the draw can be a little slower out of the thunderwear but it is worth the comfort for me. The thunderwear will def. be the go to holster when Im working out or wearing gym shorts. Just thought I should pass this on.

Glad it worked out for you. But im on the fence with those type of holsters. I dont like the notion of a gun pointing toward my pistol or a pistol toward my gun. Something to that effect anyway.
    glockman10mm and GH like this.

Interesting, as I also have a Shield, also run, and also live in Tampa Bay. Thanks for sharing! Might have to check that setup out....

I typically take my LCP in an IWB Remora for walking with shorts and a t shirt. Reasonably comfortable and practically invisible.

Thunderwear sounds like an interesting option.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. But im on the fence with those type of holsters. I dont like the notion of a gun pointing toward my pistol or a pistol toward my gun. Something to that effect anyway.
    I put my g26 and shield in this holster cocked without a round in the chamber, I could not get the gun to fire when deliberately trying to pull the trigger through the denim type material... Also I know the whole thing about I am supposed to be the safety for the gun BUT the shields small external safety surely inspires a little more confidence in this type of holster so I have ZERO wories of a Acc/discharge... Printing is basically non-existant (if anything it would just look like I was hung like a horse) and can really really move around with the gun staying secure.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Yeah, breaks the first rule; never point the muzzle at anything you dont want to destroy. Good enough for me.
    GH likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yeah, breaks the first rule; never point the muzzle at anything you dont want to destroy. Good enough for me.
    Actually I think that is rule #3. Of course, in this case, I think I would consider it my Rule #1 as well!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Links