Craziest places you've ever been made

This is a discussion on Craziest places you've ever been made within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll start. Today, bank teller. Obviously carried CC because she picked it up under a LONG pull over sweater. Being new to CC, I am ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Craziest places you've ever been made

I'll start.

Today, bank teller. Obviously carried CC because she picked it up under a LONG pull over sweater. Being new to CC, I am VERY concerned with printing. She looked at me (I had just made my deposit) and said "Don't worry, I won't tell" and pointed at her right hip. Smiled, winked, and told me to have a nice day. I was going to ask her how she knew, but I didn't want to sit there and broadcast to everyone else in the bank something was up.

That's a good way to recheck your entire carry system.

Pet store. I was getting water for my aquarium and knelt down to pick up my container. The owner asked what I was carrying to which I replied, "A jug of water." She then asked what was I carrying on my hip. I told her I had a Kahr K9 and she told me she had a. 32 on her hip.

I stopped at a PA Turnpike rest stop to relieve my bowels, and literally every other stall was taken by a PA State Trooper. I went in to do my business, and here is the exchange (we were each seated on our respective toilets):

Trooper: You got a permit for that?
    Me: Umm....what?
    Trooper: Do you have a license to carry?
    Me: Umm....yeah
    Trooper: Ok. Carry on.

I told my mom, who is an optometrist, and now she tells that story to each of her PSP patients and they all think it is the funniest thing ever.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I have not been busted in all the years i have CC'd. I assume other CC'ers have noticed a bulge or something, but none said anything.

I was at a club picnic grilling hamburgers and a friend of mine who happens to be a prison guard, no we didn't meet there, said, "I see you have your friend along." At first I didn't know what he was talking about then it dawned on me. We were out of earshot of the others so I said, Yep, two of em, Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson". He smiled and patted his side.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Re: Craziest places you've ever been made

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post
    I stopped at a PA Turnpike rest stop to relieve my bowels, and literally every other stall was taken by a PA State Trooper. I went in to do my business, and here is the exchange (we were each seated on our respective toilets):

I told my mom, who is an optometrist, and now she tells that story to each of her PSP patients and they all think it is the funniest thing ever.
    This... Is...fantastic!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

If i have ever been made in public no one has said anything to me.I have had to declare when i have been stopped by law enforcement in the state of michigan.
    The easy way is always mined.

Quote Originally Posted by tubadude View Post

You sure he was talking about your gun?
    niks, Rick2013, 103FLHX and 1 others like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

VIP Member
    Before I had my set-up refined, my wife would ride behind me while bicycling and tell me whether I was printing or not. In the several years I have been carrying, she is the only one who has ever mentioned it to me, and I carry full-time.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    I'll start.

Today, bank teller. Obviously carried CC because she picked it up under a LONG pull over sweater. Being new to CC, I am VERY concerned with printing. She looked at me (I had just made my deposit) and said "Don't worry, I won't tell" and pointed at her right hip. Smiled, winked, and told me to have a nice day. I was going to ask her how she knew, but I didn't want to sit there and broadcast to everyone else in the bank something was up.

That's a good way to recheck your entire carry system.
    I've found sweaters to be lousy cover garments. They tend to cling.

The worst and most flagrant I've ever done was back when I used carry in an OWB under a shirt with the tails out. I unknowingly brandished for who knows how long on a motorcycle ride.

Definitely one of my more idiotic moves.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Car dealer used to offer mini-massages (a massage chair) while customers were waiting on auto repairs (Tues & Thurs). Since it was only a neck and shoulder massage, I didn't bother disarming (didn't really want to leave pistol in car while the mechanics were crawling over it). Well, the masseuse noticed tightness in my upper back, so she started working further down my back, and my sides. When she encountered the butt of my PX4, she paused, and said, "Oh, don't worry about it, I've got one, too."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

In twenty plus years of concealed carry, no one has ever said anything.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

..of all places a women shoe store with my wife. She saw some boots and I reached to get them "strong side" just as the sales person approached to get them for us. Needless to say he suddenly disappeared to the back of the store. Upon checkout he was funny acting as well as the cashier who was jumpy. I guess he radio to her that I was carrying. Oddly enough we were in a part of town where most people would carry, not because they are afraid but as a way of life..lots of "country land" about 15 mins away from the Shopping plaza.

Honestly I never have. I have carried for 17 years and I guess I have been successful. CCW does stand for "Concealed" does it not?

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have a home gym. A young lady and I were working out and afterwards, she sees my pants hanging on a hook with the empty holster. (The gun was safely stored.) She asked me right there if I carry a gun.
    ConcealedSr9c likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links