Assault Weapons Ban Loses Steam

This is a discussion on Assault Weapons Ban Loses Steam within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone catch this? Assault weapons ban loses steam - John Bresnahan and Manu Raju - POLITICO.com...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Assault Weapons Ban Loses Steam

Assault Weapons Ban Loses Steam

Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

2. Remove Ads

That sounds great. We shouldn't let our guard down.

Don't let the guard down just yet... they are just looking for other doors to come through. Antis are like water... you stop it from getting through in one spot, but it will just divert its path and come through in a different spot.

I know, that was deep.
    darbo, joker1, NONAME762 and 11 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Exactly - keep the pressure up! What we don't need now is for people to feel that their rights are now safe and become complacent. That's exactly the time when legislation will be slipped-in somewhere and make gun ownership worse for everyone.
    soonershoote likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Don't let the guard down just yet... they are just looking for other doors to come through. Antis are like water... you stop it from getting through in one spot, but it will just divert its path and come through in a different spot. I know, that was deep.
    Yep....and they breed like roaches too! So we have to keep shining the lights on um so they DO NOT come-out!

I know I sound like a broken record, however, I still believe background checks are the foot in the door to absolute gun control. They know they can't do it all this week or next, but they are patient and they feel that if they throw enough doo doo at the wall, something will stick. Today it is background checks. Keep "re-educating" the youth and within a generation the hate for guns will only be greater.
    NONAME762 and oldnfat like this.

I hope it's not some kind of trade off for the UBC.That really bothers me and i'm afraid it may pass.I hope and pray,i'm totally wrong.
    NONAME762 and SmokinFool like this.

VIP Member
    Agreed they run hot and cold. But we have to stay alert 24/7. Look what has happened in CO. (and it is harder for us because we all work for a living)
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by heatherr855 View Post
    I hope it's not some kind of trade off for the UBC.That really bothers me and i'm afraid it may pass.I hope and pray,i'm totally wrong.
    TBT the UBC pretty well scares the heebee jeebees outta me!! OTOH I'd bet ole Fineswine is just throwin' sparks wherever her travels take her. She is just plain the Wicked Witch from that movie with Toto and Kansas from a zillion years ago. But again my personal feelings towards her are simply this: she is a crackpot and a !!!
    heatherr855 and msgt/ret like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    Encouraging words indeed, however as already stated this is a battle without and end against a foe that knows no relent.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    TBT the UBC pretty well scares the heebee jeebees outta me!! OTOH I'd bet ole Fineswine is just throwin' sparks wherever her travels take her. She is just plain the Wicked Witch from that movie with Toto and Kansas from a zillion years ago. But again my personal feelings towards her are simply this: she is a crackpot and a !!!
    This explains it ....
    Fien_zpsa0b739f7.jpg

Feinstein's bill is too broad and is pretty much dead in the water. Harry Reid won't even get behind it. Background checks and limits on magazine capacity have a better chance of passing (at least with the Democrats). With Republicans, it's hard to tell. Hopefully, they will remember who brought them to the dance.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I feel a true sense of change coming in 2014.....You can almost smell the fear they have....
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Hopefully this will be the beginning of ammo going back to near normal and this nonsense of 2K S&W Sports will be history. I'm already seeing some Bushmaster Carbon 15's down around 800$

Now it's time for all of those who panic bought to start panic selling and then the manufactures will begin to catch up with supply and demand.

We've patched the big leaks, but several small ones can still sink the ship.
    SmokinFool likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links