Hot Digity Dog Dang - it took only 7 days!

This is a discussion on Hot Digity Dog Dang - it took only 7 days! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife's permit came today! One week to the day that she turned in her application, she has her permit in hand! This year has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hot Digity Dog Dang - it took only 7 days!

Hot Digity Dog Dang - it took only 7 days!

My wife's permit came today! One week to the day that she turned in her application, she has her permit in hand! This year has been awesome year so far. My wife decided it was time to get her permit, she took her course, she bought her 1st gun, and now she has her permit in hand.

It will take some time for her to start carrying, as she takes things step by step, but today after she got her permit, she said she needs to get a new belt, a more sturdy one....

Have I ever said how great my wife is?
    Aceoky, Jetfuelrm and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Still waiting here, 7.5 weeks for my permit, even longer convincing the girlfriend haha

Distinguished Member
    Congrats on the permit and the wife!

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Congratulations to your wife. I applaud the state of Montana for having such an efficient system. Also you for encouraging her to carry -- that is unless she was bugging you. Either way, it's all good.

I apparently live in the wrong state. I have said this before, but I sent in my paperwork on Dec 27th. I got a letter Feb 27th stating that my fingerprints were unreadable (they were digital). I refingerprinted Feb 28th. I call last week and they told me the second set was unreadable (digital from a different place). They told me they would just do a name check and I should have it in a week to 10 days. We'll see.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Have I ever said how great my wife is?
    Montana isn't bad, either. Give 'em both a hug for me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My county in NY told me to expect 6 to 8 months due to high volume so I only have 5 to 7 months to wait! It is killing me, but glad for you all.

Thanks for the congrats, I passed them on to my wife. The number of permit applicants are on the rise this year. I guess the number of applicants they processed in a month last year, they do in a week now. When my wife went to get fingerprinted, there was a very long line at the electronic machine, so the sped up the line and did it old style ink and card. They still were able to process it and get it mailed in a week.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

HOLY COW! We are on 3-4 months wait here. Congratulations to the Mrs. Props to MT.

about 45+ days in Texas

WOW! I am impressed! Even if you Spouse is not into carrying, if ya got to leave it in the car, she would legally be in possession.

Had mine 5 days after I turned in my paperwork to the county sheriff. It's the one thing in MN that isn't beurocracized.

I am in MT and my wife and I are still waiting. It has been a little over a week and locally I heard it takes 2 weeks here. Good news to you. Locally we have to use the old INK METHOD for fingerprinting still.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Congrats! Been waiting for 3.5 weeks here. It's killing me! But alas, good things will come!

Congrats to the wife! It's always good to hear of a new member of the carry community. It sounds like she will be a ready, safe carrier when she begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoliv66 View Post
    Still waiting here, 7.5 weeks for my permit, even longer convincing the girlfriend haha
    That's quite a wait. I had mine in hand (in Berkeley County) in ten days. It's taking a lot longer than usual in most states, WV included, due to demand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links