SC/ND Sign Agreement. CO Limits Mags 15 Rds.

This is a discussion on SC/ND Sign Agreement. CO Limits Mags 15 Rds. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; North Dakota and South Carolina have announced they have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. SLED contacted me today and SLED and the ND AG have updated ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: SC/ND Sign Agreement. CO Limits Mags 15 Rds.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

SC/ND Sign Agreement. CO Limits Mags 15 Rds.

North Dakota and South Carolina have announced they have signed a Reciprocity Agreement. SLED contacted me today and SLED and the ND AG have updated their websites to reflect this change.
    Reciprocity with Other States
    South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

Colorado will have a 15 Round limit on Mags starting 7/1/13. The Governor signed the bill today. Anyone not living under a rock has heard about this Mag limit.
    BREAKING: CO Gov. Hickenlooper Signs Mag Cap, Registration Bills | The Truth About Guns

NY Governor is now stating he wants to change the SAFE Act to allow the purchase and possession of 10 round Mags. You will still only be allowed to load 7 rounds in them though. The big item, that they really donít want to discuss is they want to amend it to exempt Law Enforcement from the Mag Ban.
    Cuomo says an upward revision in a gun-ammo law isn't political | Capital New York

Handgunlaw.us will be updated in the next 48 hours to show the above changes.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

I wonder how these states will address having a full mag to the allowed legal limit then having one more round in the chamber.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    I wonder how these states will address having a full mag to the allowed legal limit then having one more round in the chamber.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhh...they haven't thought of that yet!!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I had thought CO was limiting to 10? Even though a limit is absurd, 15 is a lot better! The bulk of the common defensive handguns wouldn't be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I had thought CO was limiting to 10? Even though a limit is absurd, 15 is a lot better! The bulk of the common defensive handguns wouldn't be affected.
    "Better" is never a word I would use to describe a magazine capacity limit.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Most full-size nines will be impacted. Just another reason to stay the heck out of Colorado.
    84160, 40Bob and darbo like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I guess I'm showing my age. Aside from the Glock 17 I couldn't think of another 9mm that held more than 15 rounds but it looks like they're out there. The highest capacity of any pistol I've ever had was the 15 rounds of my HK USP.

Senior Moderator
    Some after market mags hold 18 and 20 rounds.

Magazine limits are proof that we are being governed by idiots.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Some after market mags hold 18 and 20 rounds.

Magazine limits are proof that we are being governed by idiots.
    Or freedom-hating opportunists.

The crazy thing about the mag limit is that it also makes any mag with a removable floor plate illegal because it could be extended.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Well good for SC and ND......Just hope we can keep moving on the right path here in SC!
    phreddy likes this.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Agreed.I'm probably not going to ND anytime soon,lol,but the more added,the better

So, I curently have a couple 25 round mags for my MP 15-22, am I legal in keeping them or will they become iligeal to own even though Ive had them for a couple of years. And what about if I was to purchase a few more high capacity mags prior to the law taking effect here in CO. Could I legaly keep those as well? Denny/Denver CO

Quote Originally Posted by czechmate View Post
    So, I curently have a couple 25 round mags for my MP 15-22, am I legal in keeping them or will they become iligeal to own even though Ive had them for a couple of years. And what about if I was to purchase a few more high capacity mags prior to the law taking effect here in CO. Could I legaly keep those as well? Denny/Denver CO
    That would depend on how the law is worded. If grandfathering is allowed, then yes, you can keep those mags you had prior to the law taking effect. If they wrote it like NY's new laws, they gave those with magazines over the new limit a time frame to get them out of state, either by giving them away or selling them.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

NOT the freakin' point!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links