I've come to a painful conclusion about my concealed carry

This is a discussion on I've come to a painful conclusion about my concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I either have to lose some weight, man up and start open carrying or buy a whole new wardrobe of pants. As I was buttoning ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: I've come to a painful conclusion about my concealed carry

I've come to a painful conclusion about my concealed carry

I either have to lose some weight, man up and start open carrying or buy a whole new wardrobe of pants.

As I was buttoning my jeans, with my Shield and Remora in place, prior to going out to dinner I noticed how tight they were.

Now I could OC but I would rather not deal with the hassle that is bound to come my way even though it is perfectly legal here.

I could buy a bunch of new pants and slacks but that would eat into my gun and ammo buying monies. I could buy a bunch of outer cover shirts and wear OWB but my fashion coordinator (wife) doesn't appreciate that look regardless of function and it would eat into the gun funds.

So leaves the only other option, exercise. Ugh. Not that I probably couldn't do without a few pounds and an inch here or there but I just don't like "exercising" in the formal sense. Give me a ditch to dig, firewood to chop or gravel to shovel and I'll go hog wild on it but pushups and situps just do nothing for me. I think it's more the thought of the productivity of exercising, I could use the hour of weight lifting for something like cleaning the gutters or mowing the grass. What makes it worse is my wife is a total gym rat.

If I'm not heard from anymore just have someone check a nearby floor for my collapse body.

Anyone know of any "non-exercise like" exercises they'd like to share?
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

2. Remove Ads

Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more. It may not sound like much, but it adds up: 42 half-hour sessions will burn 3,570 calories, more than enough to lose a pound. Doubling up, you could drop that pound in 21 hour-long sessions. In short, either spend 21 hours a day in bed to loose a pound a day or actually exercise.
    NONAME762, RookWV, MJB_17 and 6 others like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Losing weight/exercising is NEVER a bad decision, concealed carry or not. Just do it in front of the TV if it bores you.
    ep1953 and atctimmy like this.

Oh man, I feel your pain! Could lose some pounds myself. On the bright side, the Shield hides very well when pulled in tight to a fat roll...
    ToxicDover likes this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have the same problem, I keep finding excuses to wear pants that I can pocket carry in when I should just lose the weight and carry a gun all proper like.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

At my age I would rather get fat!!

I like bike riding. Biking is easier on my 50 year old knees with the cartilage removed. I live in the country, about 6 miles out of town. I can ride to town to pick up a six pack. Oops, I guess that would defeat the purpose.

I do geocaching also and there are "caches" stashed all over the country, never being more than a few miles apart in most places. I grab my GPS, SR9c and hop on the bike in search of local caches. So, you get some biking in and a little time walking through a park or the woods looking for hidden treasures. Win-win. Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
    RookWV, bigmacque, DJC7 and 4 others like this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

NEVER buy bigger pants! That's the beginning of the end, Seriously. I'm fighting being overweight myself it's actually round 2 for me. Back in 2007 I was almost 300lbs, took myself down to 205lb on the Atkins diet and up until a couple weeks ago made it back up to 280lbs. I did good for years then started eating like a douche and then started working from home which sealed the deal. Now I'm back on Atkins and going to the gym M-F. I'd rather not, but the Gym is better than being a fat ass. I'm down 23lbs in 3 weeks, you should check it out. Best Man Diet there is. As far as OC goes, if you want to, do it! People not OC'ing is what has sensitized this country to guns. If people don't like it, tough.
    mox likes this.

What willl it be, Clothes or Guns? It's a pretty straight forward question. I found that I lost weight when I stopped eating and drinking after 6:00 PM. Nothing but water till breakfast at 7:00AM. Yep, that included beer too. Probably the beer was the biggest factor.
    Jeanlouise and surefire7 like this.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

1) Chop some firewood.
    2 )Stack that firewood.
    3) Mow the lawn with an old fashioned reel mower W/O engine.
    4) Eat a salad for lunch and supper.
    5) Stop eating gravy, spuds, greasy foods, candy, NO Junk foods, No Fast Foods.
    6) Chop more firewood.
    7) Stack more firewood.
    8) Get on your hands and knees and pull All The Weeds in your yard.
    9) Eat a nice salad.
    10) Take a shower and make love to your wife.

11) Or buy some Elastic Pants and start wearing Suspenders.
    12) Buy a smaller EDC gun like a 380.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Suck it up and buy the larger pants!

You will not be making a permanent dent in your budget and you will be moving into a place where you can way more easily carry all of the time--and that is huge.

In the meantime, if you can lose a bit of weight, that is not a bad choice either. But buying larger pants gets you into carrying all of the time, right away. Easy choice for FWIW.
    Last edited by .45acpguy; March 21st, 2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Honestly you can exercise all you want but if you don't change our diet you won't lose the pounds
    SCXDm9, RookWV, ep1953 and 2 others like this.

I just kept buying smaller and thinner guns. Anyone make a gun thinner than the Taurus Slim?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I just kept buying smaller and thinner guns. Anyone make a gun thinner than the Taurus Slim?
    Now that got a grin out of me this morning.
    When are we going shooting? I was at Firing Line last week for the first time in months.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Thirty minutes of sex burns 85 calories or more.
    I only wish I could go ten round to burn up that 85 calories.
    Last edited by OldVet; March 21st, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Brad426 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links