Pennsylvania / South Dakota Sign Reciprocity Agreement

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania / South Dakota Sign Reciprocity Agreement within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pennsylvania and South Dakota have signed a reciprocity agreement. SD already honors all other state permits. This brings to 11 the number of states that ...

Thread: Pennsylvania / South Dakota Sign Reciprocity Agreement

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Pennsylvania and South Dakota have signed a reciprocity agreement. SD already honors all other state permits. This brings to 11 the number of states that PA has signed with.

Handgunlaw.us will have these changes in reciprocity posted on their web site within 24 hours.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Thumbs up GREAT!

Any new recognition is always great news!!

Thanks for the update, Gary!

carry safe,

ccWV
    The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, . . . that it is their RIGHT AND DUTY TO BE AT ALL TIMES ARMED . . . Thomas Jefferson (June 5, 1824)

Assistant Administrator
    Thx Gary - every crumb gratefully accepted
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That's good news, thanks. Every one helps.

Now if only the 3 states adjacent to South Dakota that are all within a half-hour drive from here would do the same thing.

Eventually maybe...

my thoughts exactly! drive an hour, put my gun in a lock box in the trunk of the car, get mugged in Minneapolis, wish I had my gun, drive back to SD, cross the state line and strap my gun back on, where I don't need it anyway! :D

Ok, just kidding. It IS great to add another state though! SD is a very good state for CCW, IMO. Thanks for the info Gary! Crexrun
    Walther P22, Velocitors, on my side. Ruger P95, Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps, bedside. Mossberg 500, full of steel shot behind the door. And a Princeton Tec Genesis 3 watt led and a Gerber Ridge knife! Don't steal MY Coors Light!

Alabama
    Alaska*
    Arizona
    Colorado*
    Florida (including non-resident permits)*
    Georgia*
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Kentucky*
    Michigan*
    Mississippi
    Montana
    North Carolina*
    North Dakota (including non-resident permits)
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    Tennessee (including non-resident permits)*
    Texas
    Utah (including non-resident permits)*
    Wyoming*

*Only SD permits issued to those who are 21 years of age or older are recognized.

Just got this off of the SD website, thought I'd post so people knew. Thanks!
    Walther P22, Velocitors, on my side. Ruger P95, Speer Gold Dot 124 +Ps, bedside. Mossberg 500, full of steel shot behind the door. And a Princeton Tec Genesis 3 watt led and a Gerber Ridge knife! Don't steal MY Coors Light!

B. Adams,

If you can make it to MN from Vermillion in 30 minutes you are a faster driver than I. If you get a UT non-resident permit you can carry in MN though. I think the price was something like $65 for 5 years and then renewals are only $10 after that. It can be done through the mail too if need be. I have never been to UT and I don't plan on going but it does get you some othe states that the SD permit does not. As for IA, that one may be a lost cause but I am interested to see what happens with the NE permits if they honor any other permits.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasoninSD View Post
    B. Adams,

As for IA, that one may be a lost cause but I am interested to see what happens with the NE permits if they honor any other permits.

Jason

I agree with the comment on IA, especially seeing the returns tonight in the Gov race over there. From what I have learned from one of the NE lawmakers, Recip will not be happening anytime soon..

(I am also sandwiched right between IA and NE in the SD Peninsula and watch both states' laws closely)

B. Adams, welcome to CC! We are pretty close neighbors, shoot me a PM sometime. Any ranges or gun stores in Vermillion I need to know about?

Kastiron,

No gun stores that I am familiar with in Vermillion other than Wal-Mart. There is a range north of Clay County Rec area west of town. I think they call themselves something like Clay County Sportsmans Club or something like that. They run ads in the Broadcaster during the summer for open shooting. It's been about 10 years since I have shot there but they were a good bunch of guys at the time. I live in the coutry outside Vermillion so I shoot out my back door. You got to love this state!

Jason

Thanks for the welcome kastiron. And yeah Jason, Minnesota might be closer to a full hour away, but it's still not that far.

And yeah, I always liked that you can go pretty much anywhere to shoot in South Dakota, as long as there's nothing else around. I usually go out to my boss's house outside of Sioux City (in Iowa) to shoot though, because he's got a lot of good land to shoot on. It was strange the first time because I'm used to just throwing guns in the car and not worrying about it, but in Iowa I have to worry about making sure things are unloaded and locked up. You can't even have a loaded shotgun in your car, which has got to make roadhunting pheasants tough...

I'm also interested in Nebraska's reciprocity, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm guessing they'll be tougher than most though, since they require training and all that. And the fee is ten times what it is in South Dakota. But while I don't expect anything from Iowa soon, I think eventually something will change. They're already the minority in comparison with other states CCW laws, and as more and more states become shall-issue and reciprocity becomes more common, they'll eventually have to follow the crowd at least a little. Or maybe not, I don't know. That's why I don't live in Iowa.

Links