Ok Im New To This But I Have A Question About CRB 2917.11a1

Ok Im New To This But I Have A Question About CRB 2917.11a1

This is a discussion on Ok Im New To This But I Have A Question About CRB 2917.11a1 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I Got Charge With This ORC 2917.11a1/Disordly Conduct But It Got Dimissed In 2011 But Before That I Was Charge With ORC 2917.11a2/Disordly Conduct ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Str8upguy
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Ok Im New To This But I Have A Question About CRB 2917.11a1

New Member Array SmithWessonSD40's Avatar

Post Ok Im New To This But I Have A Question About CRB 2917.11a1

Ok I Got Charge With This ORC 2917.11a1/Disordly Conduct But It Got Dimissed In 2011 But Before That I Was Charge With ORC 2917.11a2/Disordly Conduct And ORC 509.08b2/Loitering And That I Pled No Contest But Was Charge For It And That Was In 2010 They Gave Me Probation But Then The Case Was Dropped My Fine Is Only 317 Will This Effect My CCW Application? No Major Crimes And Will Court Fines Stop You From Getting It Too?

That's going to depends on your state. And is probably best answered by a lawyer who specializes in firearms issues.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Were any of these charges felonies?
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Laws vary from state to state. It will depend on what states these happened in and what state you are applying for a permit in. In most states Disorderly Conduct and Loitering are misdemeanor charges. Your best bet for the correct answer is to contact an attorney in your state about it.

BTW, Welcome to the forum.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Two charges of disorderly conduct? In all honestly, maybe you should reconsider carrying a firearms or take a good hard look at your life style. good luck
    jem102 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    Two charges of disorderly conduct? In all honestly, maybe you should reconsider carrying a firearms or take a good hard look at your life style. good luck
    Ok One Of The Disorderly Conduct Was Dropped But They Gave Me 25 Fine Its Just Loitoring And Disorderly Utterance Im In Ohio

No felony Cases No Drug Cases Even On The CCW Application For Ohio It Dosent Say Anything About These Type Of Cases I Lived Here All My Life

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithWessonSD40 View Post
    No felony Cases No Drug Cases Even On The CCW Application For Ohio It Dosent Say Anything About These Type Of Cases I Lived Here All My Life
    I do wish you luck and hope that these charges really are as simple as you say.

I hope you have made some life changes and "Grown Up',carrying a Firearm for SD is a huge responsibility/Liability,good luck
    jem102 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I am not a lawyer, but looking through the ORC it doesn't specifically list that as a prohibitive offense. This is a shall issue state, they have pretty clear cut guidelines. I'd suggest reading the revised code yourself, you can find it online. Or contact either the Buckeye Firearms Association or OFCC and see what guidance they can give you, or if they can point you to a firearms lawyer in your corner of the state.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I am not a lawyer, but looking through the ORC it doesn't specifically list that as a prohibitive offense. This is a shall issue state, they have pretty clear cut guidelines. I'd suggest reading the revised code yourself, you can find it online. Or contact either the Buckeye Firearms Association or OFCC and see what guidance they can give you, or if they can point you to a firearms lawyer in your corner of the state.

Okay I found out that i have 2 4th degree charges in 2010 and 1 minor misdemeanor im currently talking to a attorney now to get then off

Sponsored Links