Can I sell a gun in CO?

This is a discussion on Can I sell a gun in CO? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone tell me if Im still legal to sell a gun to another private party in Colorado? Thank you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Can I sell a gun in CO?

Can I sell a gun in CO?

Can anyone tell me if Im still legal to sell a gun to another private party in Colorado? Thank you...

2. Remove Ads

From my understanding it is until the law goes into effect. You will want to double check to be sure..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

July 1 is the Effective Date. Check that yourself, here: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e=1229_enr.pdf

In other words, you can have a "Private Sale" until July 1, under current law.
    Anubis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    July 1 is the Effective Date. Check that yourself, here: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...e=1229_enr.pdf

In other words, you can have a "Private Sale" until July 1, under current law.
    That deadline of July 1st is driving a whole lot of activity here in Colorado.

By the way, we are not a massively liberal state. If you are a conservative looking for a great place to live, please move here!
    We need more conservative voters to help us tip the balance back to where it belongs!!!
    Rock and Glock, wmhawth and 84160 like this.

"By the way, we are not a massively liberal state. If you are a conservative looking for a great place to live, please move here!
    We need more conservative voters to help us tip the balance back to where it belongs!!! "

++++1 !!!!
    Rock and Glock and 84160 like this.

...might be interesting to see how many registered R vs. registered D in CO...might surprise you...then see how many of each party went out and voted in Nov...and you'll see why it's going this way...
    84160 and Rock and Glock like this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    By the way, we are not a massively liberal state.
    I formerly thought that to be true.
    84160 and bigdogtx like this.

We have a Medium-Large Red component, a Medium sized Blue block, and a ton of wishy-washy undecideds in the middle. That's why Colorado will be a battle ground on a host of issues until we take the state back

Besides, the Campaigner In Chief is coming to Colorado to "Congratulate" the Damnorats that shoved this #$%(*&^!@#$ down our throats.
    84160, Aceoky and wmhawth like this.

The law that I saw does not make it illegal to sell a gun to another private party, it just makes you go through a dealer to get a background check on the buyer. I think the state is now charging 10.25 for background checks, have not heard what the dealers are going to charge to do it on their end.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

By the way, we are not a massively liberal state. If you are a conservative looking for a great place to live, please move here!
    We need more conservative voters to help us tip the balance back to where it belongs!!!
    I agree ..... The liberal loons campaign as moderates to fool the uniformed but once elected they have shown their true colors..... They need to be fired...
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtrulz View Post
    The law that I saw does not make it illegal to sell a gun to another private party, it just makes you go through a dealer to get a background check on the buyer. I think the state is now charging 10.25 for background checks, have not heard what the dealers are going to charge to do it on their end.
    Like any other tax they are passing that on to us.... the law abiding consumer...
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

That is the truth... I have been busy buying magazines for my Ruger SR9c, my new Mini 14 and even some for the 10/22 rifle that I don't even own yet.... All this to beat the timeline for the ban....
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCR 357
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    RMGO Member

I'm hoping the marijuana legalization will eventually work to our advantage. Hopefully, the liberals will get high enough that they start forgetting to vote.
    84160 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    We lived in Colorado (Security) back in 1975 & '76. It is surely different now. I feel for you down there, and I'm sorry to disapoint you but I'm NOT moving to that place ever again. Bunch of crazy loons have taken over the state.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    ... to "Congratulate" the Damnorats that shoved this #$%(*&^!@#$ down our throats.
    Now, now. That's no way to mince words. Particularly after the )*(-kicking thread we just had, over yonder.

Time to start taking pencils, pens and computer keyboards away from legislators. They can do oh-so-wicked things with those puppies.

I wish y'all in CO good tidings, for the rest of the year. Hopefully some of this crap can be reversed.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links