CC in hospital in Texas

CC in hospital in Texas

This is a discussion on CC in hospital in Texas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my wife if staying overnight , trying to induce labor. They have the 30.06 sign posted at the door but its in small print. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CC in hospital in Texas

CC in hospital in Texas

So my wife if staying overnight , trying to induce labor. They have the 30.06 sign posted at the door but its in small print. Does not look like 1" like the law states. Just wanted some insight on what y'all guys think. I prolly won't carry just to be safe.

Pic of the sign for some what of a reference.

Legally? Sure possible.... But you can still get an Leo or prosecutor who wants to make a point or just doesn't care about the law.

Then again, concealed is concealed...

Personally o care more about the wording than the size... If the wording is right, in the eyes of the public it gets its point across.
    Last edited by HotGuns; March 30th, 2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: offensive wording
    JDKinman likes this.

What's the risk level inside that hospital?
    USM1976 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I would not carry in a place like this where you are not going to get any forgiveness or sympathy. It is clear that they do not want you to carry there, and the odds that you would be able to get off a shot and not cause even more harm than potential good? Seriously. Leave the gun in the car. There is no up side here.

Let's face it - you want THEM to do what is RIGHT for you and your wife, not what is legally obligated right? Then you should do the right thing as well.

There was a nurse recently that was prohibited from giving CPR to someone and did not. Legally she did what was right. Someone's mother died that day because she did not do the CPR.

Personally I am not measuring signs - it is obvious that they don't want guns there. Sure - you MIGHT get away with this, but to whose benefit and who might have a heart attack in a stressful situation because you had to press your rights - you have much better things (expecting a baby) to pay attention to than having your gun along for the ride.

Congrats on the new baby! You are in for a fun ride.
    Bill
    JDKinman and hienykins like this.

...owie contrary, gentlemen...I was taught by the man who helped write the 30.06 bill...those legislators agonized over how they could get us in the door LEGALLY in as many places as possible...if that sign doesn't fit to a T the points carefully spelled out in the law, they cannot legally arrest you...simply tell you to leave...and that's IF you aren't concealed and they find you out...

...either you're going to live within and enjoy the full liberty the law allows...or not...there's where the personal choice comes in...

...if WE have to obey every detail of the law...so do THEY...there have been millions who risked and gave a lot more than what it might cost us so that we could live in freedom and know that when we were following the law, we had nothing to fear...

...having said that, you'd better measure those letters VERY carefully...kinda like 18" MEANS 18", not 17 7/8" on a shotgun barrel...
    garyt521 likes this.

I think its hilarious that you included the sign with "Please use handset to call security officer" in your pic.

I wouldn't carry inside. Focus on your wife and soon to be child. Its a special time and you don't want to miss a minute of it. There is generally a good bit of security around maternity wards due to so many crazy ppl stealing babies nowadays. Lots of having to sign in, locks on doors, and vigilant nurses.

Btw, Congrats!

Thanks guys. I'm not carrying, nor was planning on it. Just curious. If it had not been posted, yes I would carry. But just not worth a hassle if something were to arise from carrying.

Having recently spent ten days out of the last 18 in a hospital, I have mixed emotions. On the front door (general admissions) of the hospital is a legal 30.06 sign. But in the back entrance and the emergency room entrances, no such signs or warning about "no guns allowed" exist anywhere.

However, on the other doors the hospital made their wishes pretty well known. I didn't bother to measure the letters at the front door when I was finally up and walking around.

I happen to believe in mutual respect and rights. I might not want someone in my house carrying a picture of Obama. In fact, no "might about it"--I flat don't want anyone in or on my property with ANYTHING having to do with Obama.

I have that right. And I don't even need a reason as to why.

Businesses have that right as well and as responsible, law-abiding gun-owners we should respect that. Rights work both ways and in the case of a hospital saying, "Please leave your guns in your car," that is the hospital stating that--not the government.

Upon my discharge (the second time), I did pen a hard-copy letter to the hospital's board of directors stating that if they were going to prohibit law-abiding gun-owners from being able to secure and protect themselves while on their premises, then they needed to have some very visible and prolific security on duty 24 hours a day rather than the six hours they have one lone rent-a-cop sitting at the front desk drinking coffee and surfing the net.

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

Snub, as much as I hate the saying "you may beat the rap but you won't beat the ride" applies here. Sure you may be acquitted, as you should, but you'll still be arrested and spend thousands on a lawyer.

That's why I keep myself to the wording and not the size.
    JDKinman and USM1976 like this.

...lawyers love to take cases where citizens have been arrested for obeying the law...and you have no basis for assuming I'd be arrested for doing so, either...
    ...the same law that requires of me, requires of them...and I live very strictly within it...I respect your right to choose how you live...

If the letters aren't 1" high then it's not a legal sign,the requirements are spelled out and no Judge can convict you on his interpretation,it would definitely be overturned on appeal,in fact it shouldn't even reach court since a DA should drop the charges
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I just wish it was law that if you are acquitted, or have to pay for a lawyer due to an arrest and charges are later dropped, the state has to reimburse you for legal expenses.

No point in harming the innocent.

Dukal. There's actually a recent case covering almost this scenario here in Texas, whet no 30.06 was posted and the guy was arrested, charged and indicted. They initially offered a plea but required forfeiture of his firearm, to which he declined. They dismissed it several days before trial. Luckily the guy was military and got a free JAG. You can find the story on tecaschl. Com

Bunch of good info here guys. Thank you. Good read while I can't be in the room for the epidural.

Congrats on the baby. I have a four year old boy. Its a hoot. Just dont watch the baby actually come out..it has scarred me for life
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

The sign is not legit due to the fact it is not in regulation with the statute 30.06. It is not 2 colors and not 1 inch letters.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links