IWB carry for compact 1911

This is a discussion on IWB carry for compact 1911 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Everyone, New member to the Defensive Carry forum, but I've been checking in to glean great advice on concealed carry. I currently carry a ...

Thread: IWB carry for compact 1911

Hello Everyone,

New member to the Defensive Carry forum, but I've been checking in to glean great advice on concealed carry.

I currently carry a Kimber Ultra Carry 3" compact 1911 and I am looking for a good leather IWB holster. I'm not a big guy and the only way I have been able to conceal well is to carry SOB. When I carry SOB I can easily conceal with a T-shirt or hoodie. For winter carry I will probably get a shoulder holster, but during the summer I need a carry option for shorts and a T-shirt.

I'm looking a Galco's Summer Comfort, Kirpatrick's Hidden Defense and Desantis' Cozy Partner. Any thoughts?

Also does anyone make a IWB specifically designed for SOB carry?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mox
    If you're looking for something light for summer, I highly recommend Remora.

Home of the Original Remora No Clip IWB Concealment Holster

For something a little more heavy duty, I've been real happy with my holster from High Noon. They're pricier (although pretty standard for leather), but worth it imho.

High Noon Holsters

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry can't help you on your holster question, not a big fan of SOB carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Look into the Comp-Tac holster. I have one for a full size 1911 and it conceals well. I wear it at 4 o'clock.

jcm
    If you think you'll like the Galco Summer Comfort, I know you'll love Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Brownells usually has them in stock for $100. I have both and can easily conceal a full size 1911 no problem at 4:00 with the Sparks. Do yourself a favor, save the $50-$60 on the Galco and buy the Sparks the first time.

VIP Member
    Welcome from South Carolina.

Normally, I'd recommend FIST. However, their fulfillment is running 6 - 8 weeks out, and they are taking every bit of it with my most recent order.

I have a Don Hume SOB that I picked up at a gun show for a G26. I'm not a fan of that carry position, but the holster works fine.

Time being an issue you may want to search GunBroker for Alan Yoast. I bought a Milt Sparks VMII from him and had it in a week for my Colt XSE LW Commander. Best holster I have owned thus far.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jcm View Post
    If you think you'll like the Galco Summer Comfort, I know you'll love Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Brownells usually has them in stock for $100. I have both and can easily conceal a full size 1911 no problem at 4:00 with the Sparks. Do yourself a favor, save the $50-$60 on the Galco and buy the Sparks the first time.
    +1 on this advise

I carry both a full size 1911 and a commander in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. Can't go wrong with it! I am 5'9" and 166lbs.

Check out Dustin's holsters in the "Custom holsters half the price" thread in the "Holsters and carry options" forum , I carry a full size steel 1911 in one daily and love it (but not SOB - 3:30 or so) and you won't have the insanely long waiting period.

http://www.ozarksholstercompany.com/
    Last edited by Aceoky; April 2nd, 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks guys, it looks like Milt Sparks is the best option. But they're backlogged over 22 weeks. I'll probably go with the Summer Comfort for the short term, seeing the Uncle Mike's holster I currently have isn't a good option.

maybe look here
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG2.asp

click kimber- then 3"- then go down to the bottom and pres the view button

Sponsored Links