Carry at Texas Roundup

This is a discussion on Carry at Texas Roundup within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I plan to go to the Texas Lonestar Roundup car show in Austin. I am guessing it is ok to carry there but thought I ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 4 Post By F350_6
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By asldkjfqwoifqwo

Thread: Carry at Texas Roundup

Carry at Texas Roundup

I plan to go to the Texas Lonestar Roundup car show in Austin. I am guessing it is ok to carry there but thought I would run it by you guys. I go every year but this is the first since my ccl. Appreciate a heads up if anyone knows.

2. Remove Ads

I just got a response back on email. No,no guns was the answer. Not sure why unless it is because of alcohol sales.

...I deleted my first response to that...let's just say I'm not surprised...sorry...
    latentcarry likes this.

I am not exactly happy about it and considered not going but I really like the cars so I guess I'll just deal with it. As big as this show is I would have thought there would have been more people here going.

...with the current prices of guns and ammo...who can afford TWO hobbies??? enjoy the trip...bluebonnets are going crazy already...

Did they tell you it was posted, or are they just telling you no guns as a standard answer? I've never been, but I'm guessing most places around Austin would tell you no guns if you asked them. Of course if you don't ask, and they're not properly posted, then, well you know the rest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonbi View Post
    I plan to go to the Texas Lonestar Roundup car show in Austin. I am guessing it is ok to carry there but thought I would run it by you guys. I go every year but this is the first since my ccl. Appreciate a heads up if anyone knows.
    I would go and carry unless they have a legal 30.06 sign posted. What they tell you and what they legally have to do are two very different things.
    latentcarry and Snub44 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I would go and carry unless they have a legal 30.06 sign posted. What they tell you and what they legally have to do are two very different things.
    THIS!
    latentcarry likes this.

They just told me via email. I have been to this event several times but don't know if they have a sign. Yes I have two hobbies. Sold a 39 Plymouth, custom Harley, 67 camaro a while back. Building a 35 Chevy coupe rod now. Being in the garage is my passion.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't stir up any ideas with them by asking. Read up on the Texas CC laws thoroughly, go to the event entrance, if nothing is legally posted, INAL, but it would seem like you'd be good to go.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Since my wife drops me off then goes to visit her grandbabies, I don't want to be stuck at the gate or be illegally carrying I will probably leave my cw in the car.

The Expo Center is a government owned facility and cannot legally prevent you from carrying there unless it is considered a 51% location. That doesn't mean that they won't be posted and/or checking people on entry.

Links