Any advice in Ohio delay in getting card

This is a discussion on Any advice in Ohio delay in getting card within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi All Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has had a similar problem. Took my class had an apointment today to hand ...

Thread: Any advice in Ohio delay in getting card

Any advice in Ohio delay in getting card

Hi All Just throwing this out there in case anyone else has had a similar problem. Took my class had an apointment today to hand in my aplication. They were fast took app took prints took my picture and told me to wait 20 minutes and I would have it. I was really excited. Well 20 minutes later they said I could not get my permit because something but they did not know what came up on my report. I have no idea what it could be neverbeen charged with anything and I have no kids so child support is not an issue. I guess does anyone know how I can check on this because they told me that they would not be notified by the state until June 15th. Oh well just a little upset. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    FG

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When I need legal advice related to firearms in Ohio, I call a lawyer, more specifically this lawyer:
    Derek DeBrosse, 877-827-5470, 614-316-7850
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

There is not a lot you can do since the Sheriff has 45 days to process your application. If you have been living in Ohio more than five years, then they need only check your status through BCI which really shouldn't take that long. I think they quoted June 15 because that is the 45 day maximum that processing an application might take.

Did you put your social security number on the application? That would minimize the possibility that they would confuse you with someone having the same name.

I just renewed mine Tues. The said they have been rammed lately. They said I may be waiting a while. I still have about 60 days that my License is good. If it takes longer than that I will be carrying on my Florida Permit. Nice to have options.

I renewed on 3/27, the day the new law took effect, and Lake County had me in and out in a half hour with license in hand.

rtroha, curious what new law took effect around 3/27? I try to keep up to date but don't know if I missed something?

No competency certification required with new law. Just bring your CCP, drivers license, and money.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Also, major change to the legal definition of "unloaded' with regards to the transportation of firearms in motor vehicles. Loaded rifle magazines are no longer illegal in a motor vehicle as long as one follows the new rules. See this article:

HB495: Definition of "unloaded" gun is now fixed for all Ohioans; "No Guns" signs come down in Statehouse parking garage

Links