Finally my holster has arrived, BUT.......

This is a discussion on Finally my holster has arrived, BUT....... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After waiting almost three months my tuck clip holster Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Tuck Clip has arrived. It's a beauty and my ...

Thread: Finally my holster has arrived, BUT.......

Finally my holster has arrived, BUT.......

After waiting almost three months my tuck clip holster Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Tuck Clip has arrived. It's a beauty and my gp100 3" fits perfectly. Now you clicked on here for the but right? well I'm finding that I don't want to stop carrying my p-85 for the sole reason that I can "currently" use my 17 rd mag. With the risk of losing that ability I am drawn away from carrying my gp100.

Anyone else run into this predicament?

2. Remove Ads

I think that carrying overall supports the 'cause', regardless of which you choose. Enjoy that holster man! Or, alternate them - both are certainly deserving of some carry time.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Ha! I have an old P89 that I still like to shoot. Things a brick, but I would bet my life on it!!

VIP Member
    It really isn't that unusual. Your use to the P85 and 17 rounds, going down to 6 makes you nervous. Force yourself to carry it and you'll get use to it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Six + 1 is certainly enough for any civilian encounter...if you really think you need 17 rounds, you need to move out of THAT neighborhood....I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My carry is a SR40C it carries 9+1, and the extended magazine 15 (I hope never to have to use it, BUT...I kinda wish they stuffed just one more round into the carry magazine). Guess i just have to get better at shot placement)

Been carrying a P89 for a while now. Can't really think of anything else other than a j frame I would want to carry.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Ive carried 5 rds plus speed strip for years never feel undergunned

Whec just posted an incident where he felt the revolver might not be enough. OP, it might be time for a new gun. One that fits your carry size and capacity need....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Oh no, I think I may have said that wrong. What I mean to say is that I feel obligated to carry my 17 rd mag while I can before some stupid law comes along and takes it away from me. Nothing to do with being under gunned :)

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I love my Sideguardholster !

The good news is, whether it is your P85 or GP100, you can beat down the BG if you run out of ammo.

I find that usually off-set clips allow the holster to ride up in the front.....maybe not so much on the smaller wheel guns but I prefer a clip centered on the holster for maximum retention and no movement.

Links