Did the Wally walk today

Did the Wally walk today

This is a discussion on Did the Wally walk today within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my CCW permit. Today I did the Wally walk, then went to Ace hardware and then to Dick'S Sporting goods looking for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Did the Wally walk today

Did the Wally walk today

I just got my CCW permit. Today I did the Wally walk, then went to Ace hardware and then to Dick'S Sporting goods looking for more ammo.
    All went well. I had to consciously not tug on my jacket to keep concealed. My jacket covers fine, just that feeling that it might not.

You will get used to it. Its new and exciting but becomes part of the routine eventually. Always try to remember to not get complacent. Congrats, enjoy, and stay safe. Welcome to the Not Being A Victim Willingly Club
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

You get accustomed to it just as you do a phone clipped to your belt.

VIP Member
    Congrats on your permit and WW walk.
    84160 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Glad it went well. I find myself doing an initial quick check as I get out of my vehicle and while the door is still open because of the way that the shirt likes to ride up sometimes while I'm sitting. Don't worry though even if you find yourself checking occasionally but not constantly. Very few people will even have a clue.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Very few people will even have a clue.
    So true.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Most people don't have a clue about anything. What they are doing, much less what you are doing.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Welcome to the Not Being A Victim Willingly Club
    Sooooo TRUE!
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Congrats! Be sure to send proof of your Wally World Walk to Sixto in order to get your 'full color' certificate.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ng
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Most people don't have a clue about anything. What they are doing, much less what you are doing.
    Yeah, most are thumbing their phones or looking at the shelves, completely oblivious to what's around them. You probably could have walked in wearing a gorilla suit to draw the same amount of attention. :)

I have done my Wally Walk but sadly no Certificate, no CCW Badge or Sash for the effort. Guess it got lost in the U.S. Mail.

Today I did my "around the house" walk, with the wife to dinner walk, and days past of "walking" with the new Taurus or the S&W Bodyguard.

A few days ago played drums with my group but did not "walk" very much. Did a lot of sitting.

You will get so familiar with your new found ability that sometimes it will feel unatural to not ever do it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by ng View Post
    Yeah, most are thumbing their phones or looking at the shelves, completely oblivious to what's around them. You probably could have walked in wearing a gorilla suit to draw the same amount of attention. :)
    Half the Wally customers have gorilla DNA, I think.

The only times I tug on my shirt/jacket are (a) when exiting my car and (b) when standing up after sitting for a while (such as when you eat a meal in a restaurant). As long as you are casual and not overly fussy about it, nobody will give you a second glance.

The other comments about "you get used to it" are correct; it is just a matter of acclimating yourself to the habit of carrying concealed.
    spdracr39 likes this.

Congrats! Pretty soon you'll get to the point where you feel uncomfortable and unnatural when you aren't carrying!
    spdracr39 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links