2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes - Page 3

2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes

This is a discussion on 2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes

Administrator
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Are you saying that XD hangs around with drug trafficking types?
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Yesterday, we had a one legged man beaten and robbed in his home.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    They do pay taxes, although they probably employ quite a few illegals. They both have strong ties to Mexico and WILL retaliate at another time. I am sure of it!
    Employing illegals is illegal...
    If they engage in this, they are criminals and should be prosecuted to the fullest. Also, your surety that they will retaliate in a surreptitious manner indicates that they themselves are of questionable character and opens up a Pandoras box of "what else are they involved in"? The lack of regard for US law that is shown by individuals who hire illegals is appalling and needs to be addressed by our government.
    That said, I am glad no victims were killed in either of these events.
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette View Post
    Sorry gentlemen, if someone is holding a loved one of mine with a gun to their head, and I am holding a significant firearm, there will be some dead people soon.
    Simplistically, by putting down my firearm, I am trusting that the bad guys will be sweet and loving people and will not harm me or my loved ones. This I will not do. the choice will be theirs. live or die. They can retreat or they can be engaged.
    I know what I can do with a firearm, how quickly and how accurately I can do it. I practice regularly, meaning every week. It is fairly simple to me, will I take the chance of having all of my family dead, myself included (or worse) or trusting in my skill, accuracy and resolve. Giving up my firearm is not an option nor is it a choice my family will live with.

Roger
    +5 or so, I completely agree with you.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

yeah, I have to say that I'm with Roger as well...as hard as it would be to see my son being taken hostage, I couldn't put my gun down. The odds for us would be 3 BGs with shotguns vs 2 GGs armed with an AR and a shotgun. Not my idea of a good time, but that's what training is for. I'm happy that it worked out OK this time, but in my opinion putting your gun down is ensuring the beating, rape, and/or killing of you and your family. One of those situations that has no good answer but it would certainly be a tense time. Anyone ever do any hostage taker shooting drills or practice for sight-offset (if you use a rifle for HD) in the event you actually had to take a shot like this?
    Glad everyone is OK.

Even though everything turned out OK (no family members injured), the point is: you can't possibly know at the time the decision must be made that everything will turn out OK.

At the time the guy dropped his gun, he was putting his entire family at the mercy of the bad guys.

I for one, cannot do this. My family is aware of my feelings and feel the same.

We may get shot and we may die, but we will NOT be executed.

This is not my quote and I forget where I first saw it but it goes something like this: "we don't resist in order to keep our wallets or our cars, we resist because that is what free people do".

The bad guys stole a lot more than money and a car, they stole the freedom and peace of mind of the family.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME AND MINE.

I think that if you have advanced knowledge that your buddy is going to retaliate, and someone gets killed, you'd be better off not posting it on a public message forum. You did say you were "sure of it", so you may want to distance yourself from the situation.

Good Thread, Makes Me Think About What I Would Do In A Hostage Situation Like That. It Would Be Awfully Hard To Put Down My Family's Only Form Of Defense.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Look guys many mexican immigrents dont trust checks , they want paid every week , and in cash. Sounds like payroll hits to me . My stepdad killed a man attempting to relive him of payroll in the 50s when we had " broom corn johnies " here , They were migrent laborers but not necessairly of any nationality who had no use for checks , and even at 1950s level when you pay 150 to 200 men a week during harvest , well cash adds up . I just am glad from what i read that no one was killed , and suggest to your clients that they get some real weapons training if they are going to be in cash intensive businesses LOL .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I certainly agree that they sound like they were profiled. And chosen from some knowledge gained somehow. Trick will be to figure out how they are identifying targets. Someone knows...

The LE locally all know that the retaliation will occur. There is nothing that can be done about that, until it happens.

There is no question they were profiled.....definately an "inside" job. Someone that works close to these guys set this up.

Mexican Mafia??? The guy that lost $12k, yes I do believe he "knows someone". All of the L.E. around here know that too. You can't be charged with something they haven't proven. Sorry.

Someone call Immigration, and see if they will come down and do something about it. Hell no they won't.

There is a lot of old money in this area. They make it by allowing the "immigrants" to build houses cheaper. Start upsetting the "Good ol' boy network", and then politicians loose jobs. Sorry, it ain't gonna change.

Some of you seem to understand why these guys had the money they did. Good for you.
    Last edited by XD in SC; November 9th, 2006 at 08:12 PM.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Sean I gotta ask b/c others have assumed as have I that both had cumulatively $16k and neither spent at least $400 on an ADT alarm system or $400 on a GOOD dog?

I know that in their field cash is a commodity but it's not like they had to hang onto it b/c every dime is going to payroll. The guy had a $50k vette taken. Sounds like it had just as much of a theft deterrent as his house did.

Did both of these guys really not have a drop of security?

Quote Originally Posted by tabraha View Post
    Sean I gotta ask b/c others have assumed as have I that both had cumulatively $16k and neither spent at least $400 on an ADT alarm system or $400 on a GOOD dog?

I know that in their field cash is a commodity but it's not like they had to hang onto it b/c every dime is going to payroll. The guy had a $50k vette taken. Sounds like it had just as much of a theft deterrent as his house did.

Did both of these guys really not have a drop of security?

They took the KEYS to the Vette. So NO ALARM would have done anything for that.

The $4k guy had no alarms. Not everyone even thinks about home security until something happens to them. Just like car alarms.
    I get people in the shop all the time........"my car got broken into last night, I need an alarm".........I ask why it's already been broken into?

The guy w/ $12k lives on basically a farm. Fence around the whole thing. This guy lost a over $50k Tahoe too. 22's, audio/video, full Viper alarm. But they took his keys too. So no alarm was going to help. It was found stripped of all electronics and wheels.

Both were an inside related thing, so even an alarm on the homes may not have helped.

We're not getting into the dog thing. I also know of incidents where the dogs were killed silently......... antifreeze, glass in balled up ground beef. BG in these 2 crimes were setting this up for a while obviously, so they could have taken an extra day or 2 to kill some dogs quietly. It's just too easy to disregard barking. Happens all the time around here. My neighbors dogs never shut up. So I ignore them. Sounds similar to car alarms??????
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    . I also know of incidents where the dogs were killed silently......... antifreeze, glass in balled up ground beef. BG in these 2 crimes were setting this up for a while obviously, so they could have taken an extra day or 2 to kill some dogs quietly. ????
    Thanks for pointing this out. Now, if one of my dogs turns up dead, I'll be on alert for the next shoe to drop.

BTW, my dogs are only good for bird hunting and barking. Biting is a no no around here. Just wanted to clear that up in case people get the wrong impression and think that I have attack dogs or something.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links