2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes

This is a discussion on 2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So here is the story of the 2nd customer of mine to be robbed in their homes....... Doesn't live in the best area, but it's ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd customer of mine robbed in their homes

So here is the story of the 2nd customer of mine to be robbed in their homes.......

Doesn't live in the best area, but it's still an ok family neighborhood.

12:30am, just after midnight, house is quiet and dark. Residents are sleeping. Owner hears banging sounds, unsure of what it is, jumps up and grabs AK from under bed 1 mag locked and ready, 2 spares in hand.

Runs out of bedroom into livingroom to find 3 BG, 1 with mask on, w/ shotguns. 1 holding his 7 year old daughter w/ gun to head. Of course he can take NO action at this point, so they take his weapon, grab him and his wife, put guns to heads, and demand the money. All he can do is hand over $4000.00 from his wallet.

They take the cash, the gun, and the keys to his 06 Corvette Z06 and haul ass out of there. Guy calls 911 and waits....... Sheriffs show up in good time, but not much evidence.

Few days go by, another county finds 'Vette sitting in a driveway, call it in and approach. They find the car TRASHED, and a shotgun leaning against the house.

They won't tell the owner if they entered the home, or found anyone there. They have a ton of excellent fingerprints though. Maybe some good news?

They say they have an idea of who was involved, possibly same guys that robbed another of my customers in similar fashion a few months ago.

The 1st guy lost about $12,000 in cash, and a Tahoe, which was found stripped of electonics and wheels only.

Very disturbing! This is about 30 miles from where I live, and isn't a great area, but it's still ok. Not a ghetto or drug infested area.

Both of these guys are Mexican contractors, and do work hard to get what they have. They do pay taxes, although they probably employ quite a few illegals. They both have strong ties to Mexico and WILL retaliate at another time. I am sure of it!

The 1st one has paid out some money to find out who did it...... The 2nd one moved out THAT night. His wife is so upset she couldn't go back inside the house. Can you blame her?

What do you guys think of this situation????
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

What do you guys think of this situation????
    I think anyone who carries $4k around in their wallet or has $12k in cash within the house is stupid, and inviting a robbery.

Even if you accept cash on a job, it's pretty easy to make a drive-thru or ATM deposit on the way home.

It also appears obvious that the robbers knew they would find a pile of cash, or they wouldn't have showed up.

Something smells about this, no offense to your customers or you, but I wonder how they may have acquired the cash, why someone knew about it, and what led them to pull off their home invasion such that they had a hostage to neutralize the AK...stinky.

All he can do is hand over $4000.00 from his wallet.
    I'd have been a dead man. I'll call myself financially comfortable, but I've never had anywhere near four grand in my wallet...over the years I'd say I averaged about $200 with me at all times, beyond that it's plastic or a check. Sheesh, $4k wouldn't even fit in my little front-pocket wallet.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Thats a lot of cash to be keeping around....Sounds almost like these bad guys knew that?

We too have seen an increase in Latino targets as the Bad Guys assume they will fear reporting it. Sometimes they are right.

Great point Jimmy... who keeps that kind of money in there house???
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Assistant Administrator
    $4000.00 from his wallet.
    Sorry - I have to join in on that one! Geez - at very least stash that cash away - somewhere. Not wallet!

But heck - gun at daughter? That is not good.

Sounds like a family plan needs thrashed out. Goes to show tho - one's house is not the inpenetrable castle always!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I guess I see it somewhat different, since alot of my customers are in the same occupation as these guys, and I frequently see large amounts of cash in the vehicles I work on. We all feel it is an insider relaying info.

cphilip... what part of SC?
    Sean
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

With that kind of folding money around the house, I wonder what they do for a living? Import/export, "self" employed?

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post

Both of these guys are Mexican contractors, and do work hard to get what they have. They do pay taxes, although they probably employ quite a few illegals.
    Sean

Sounds like the guy was in a bad situation to start with. I wouldn't have had that much money on me and if my daughter was held at gunpoint I would have done the same thing to.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

Sorry gentlemen, if someone is holding a loved one of mine with a gun to their head, and I am holding a significant firearm, there will be some dead people soon.
    Simplistically, by putting down my firearm, I am trusting that the bad guys will be sweet and loving people and will not harm me or my loved ones. This I will not do. the choice will be theirs. live or die. They can retreat or they can be engaged.
    I know what I can do with a firearm, how quickly and how accurately I can do it. I practice regularly, meaning every week. It is fairly simple to me, will I take the chance of having all of my family dead, myself included (or worse) or trusting in my skill, accuracy and resolve. Giving up my firearm is not an option nor is it a choice my family will live with.

Roger

Couple of thoughts....

An alarm system, while not a 100% prevention, is another tool to keep you and yours safe. A dog with a big mouth (works well for me) is another tool.

Don't disagree with anybody in this forum about keeping large amounts of $$$ in the house. It's pretty dumb.

Gotta think it's an inside job: somebody must have known that he had that kind of disposable income available in the house. Certainly a new 'vette or other such vehicle might give an indication that there is some wealth, but I don't of anybody that keeps large amounts of money under the mattress, unless they don't want the feds to know about it.

New Orleans area congressman William Jefferson had his home raided by the feds a couple of months ago after suspecsion of being on the take. He was found to have $90K in the freezer.

It's hard to keep big bucks hidden and not have somebody find out about it.

Sorry for the victim, but shame on him for putting his family through this ****.

Very disturbing! This is about 30 miles from where I live, and isn't a great area, but it's still ok. Not a ghetto or drug infested area.
    BG's commute to "work", just like everyone else. They go where the opportunities are. While easier targets might be in marginal areas, better pickin's include the so-called "better" areas.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by XD in SC View Post
    I guess I see it somewhat different, since alot of my customers are in the same occupation as these guys, and I frequently see large amounts of cash in the vehicles I work on. We all feel it is an insider relaying info.

cphilip... what part of SC?
    I am in the Clemson Anderson area but the robberies on Latino's that I am referring to in our area were in Greenville SC. However none so bold and big as these reported here. Mostly apartment parking lot strong arms and even a few armed robberies. Some (perhaps many) went unreported to the police by the victims for fear of status issues.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Gotta agree with Velocette here. It's a bad, bad situation to have the BG's in the house with a gun to my girl's head.

And it's a truly wonderful thing that they left after the homeowner was disarmed. I am glad it worked out that way.

But I'm not trusting breaking-and-entering-and-thieving-and-threatening scum to let me (or my children) out of that one alive if I just do what they say.

It's scary and it's sad, but if it's me in that situation, it's Go-Time.

Someone is going to the hospital, the morgue or the penitentiary. Maybe more than one of those places.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I am in the Clemson Anderson area but the robberies on Latino's that I am referring to in our area were in Greenville SC. However none so bold and big as these reported here. Mostly apartment parking lot strong arms and even a few armed robberies. Some (perhaps many) went unreported to the police by the victims for fear of status issues.

Way South of you!
    Sean

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links