Bad: Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston

This is a discussion on Bad: Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess knives will be banned next. Not to make light of the situation. Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Bad: Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston

Bad: Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston

I guess knives will be banned next. Not to make light of the situation.

Report: Up to 14 People Stabbed on College Campus in Houston | TheBlaze.com
    Wreckr likes this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Texts went out to everyone so it's all over my facebook. This is why we need Campus Carry in Texas. I see no point in stopping licensed individuals from being able to protect themselves while at college.

Gun Control is clearly the solution to all our mass violence problems.

It should be obvious to anyone that an “assault weapons” ban would have prevented this from happening.

Although, I admit I am a bit surprised that CNN even reported it.

14 injured in Texas college stabbing incident, police say - CNN.com

So, here's another incident involving mutiple victims due to an attack on a campus in Houston Texas. Except this time, this time it's real different: it's a stabbing/slashing attack. As horrible as this situation is, it will be interesting to see if the anti-gun crowd will finally admit that this incident underscores a basic fact of truth: IT'S NOT THE TYPE OF WEAPON: IT'S THE PERP!!! If they refuse to admit this, we have positive proof that their agenda is only focused, not on stopping the creeps and truly preventing these atrocious attacks, but on disarming the population that needs to defend itself.

Has anyone in the media started calling it an assault knife yet? England went this route after they banned guns and people started using knives instead. They proposed legislation to ban knives with pointed tips. I do not know if that passed or not but it was a serious effort by their government. When are people going to stop focusing on the weapons being used and more on why things like this are happening? Only then will the real problem be addressed. Perhaps it is because they would not like the answer that we cannot stop this kind of thing. You can be sane when tested and mentally ill the next week. As someone once said, there is little you can do to stop someone willing to die.
    Wreckr likes this.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Latest update is that the bad guy got away and is still at large. Massive manhunt around my work now. We are 3 miles form the campus.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Well I guess TSA will now reverse their ruling on allowing knifes on the airlines again!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

So wait for the next knee jerk reaction, no pocket knives, screwdrivers will be allowed on any school.. It's for the kids safety.. Walmart and all other hardware stores to pull exacto knifes from their storess, etc..

Gary
    msgt/ret likes this.

I am beginning to believe that Lonestar College is becoming a haven for either gang bangers or wannabe gang bangers. A short month or so ago they had a shooting incident that was an argument that was between maybe three people. I would have to Google or Bing the articles but i will bet, that none of the parties involved where licensed by the State of Texas to carry a firearm. That incident was locally blown up to make it appear that it was another Columbine. frankly using disasters to push newspapers and liberal Ideas are growing thin here in TX.

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Give the dummies in office time and they will say "we need to do away with colleges and education" this will keep the younger generation safe.
    pittypat21 likes this.

The media are rumoring it was an AR-15 Exacto Knife...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Somewhere, Charles Whitman is smiling.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not to make too much light of the situation, but anyone know what the max length allowed will be on the assault scalpel in my trunk med-kit?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    How many are dead from this knife attack?
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Omg omg! Ban sharp things!!!! Bubble wrap society!!!!
    SUPERCHEFNICK likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links