Another Gun Free Zone Success Story

This is a discussion on Another Gun Free Zone Success Story within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What part of this do the antis not understand? Student Hammers No-Guns-on-Campus Policy on Live TV After College Stabbings: ?We Would Love to Have God ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 2 Post By mprp

Thread: Another Gun Free Zone Success Story

VIP Member

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Just saw this on Fox News channel in CO. Good job, kid! He DID hammer the no guns on campus issue--sometimes things just fall into your lap! (As to being able to speak to this issue in a very pertinent manner).
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

VIP Member
    The sad thing is when I first saw this story break a little bit ago, my very first thought was 'thank goodness the bad guy was using a knife'. I don't believe we could stand up to another bad mass shooting. I'm pretty sure politicians would start to tumble into the anti-gun well if any more bad incidents happen in close proximity to all the recent events.
    Anubis likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    While agree with his message, he needed to convey that Carry Permit holders should be able to carry, and make sure that he explained what is required for a permit to carry. Otherwise the anti's and uninformed will take it as everyone going to school would be allowed. Granted nothing will sway the anti's, but the uninformed might see the light.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    This knife slashing attack in Texas is further evidence that banning guns does not and will not control violence as there is always some lunatic willing to commit horrible acts of violence. I know it's cliche, but guns aren't the problem, whackos are the problem. Again, the attacker takes advantage of a gun-free zone to safely commit his crimes. This wouldn't have happened in a place where a single "good guy" with a CCW were present. Legislators, take notice!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

The headlines sure would have looked better saying, "Breaking news, 6 wounded and one dead after CC holder stops an assailant in the middle of a stabbing rampage."
    TX expat and CigarStix like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links