Post Election Shopping List...

This is a discussion on Post Election Shopping List... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading the Michael Bane blog today - he is host of the Outdoor Channel show, Shooting Gallery - and he recommends to shooters ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Election Shopping List...

I was reading the Michael Bane blog today - he is host of the Outdoor Channel show, Shooting Gallery - and he recommends to shooters that they stock up on certain items, post election. Here is a link:

Michael Bane Blog

Guess what's on his list? High cap magazines, AR rifles, .223 ammo, etc. He figures that in January, when the new Congress is seated, they will be pushing a revised Assault Weapon Ban. He refers to the new House Speaker as "Daniel Ortega in a skirt".

While I don't know if I agree totally with this guy, I do like the way he writes!
    1) AR-15 platform rifle...if you don't have one, I suggest that you max out the Visa, borrow from the kids' college fund, sell a grandchild or get a job mowing lawns until you hustle up the bucks to buy one.
    I have a similar list actually, but I've had it since 94...I'm still behind, but catching up slowly.

I guess I'll wait to see what they are going to include in their legislation.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Wait that long, and by the time you know, the price on it will be double what it is now.

I Didn't Wait...

I wasn't sure about the Bushmaster, but this forum and my neighbor (a cop) had me convinced into buying that .223. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I will have it next week...I also have been buying extra ammo each week...(many) rounds with this AR and the EO Tech Holographic Scope...

Ammo prices have already started to climb, as many of you know!
    Buying all you can afford is not a bad idea...even if it's just a box or two at a time...it's not going to get any cheaper, and if you have to protect your 'personal homeland'...you can't be too prepared!

I'm not sure how many mags to buy...I figured 2-4 (30 rounders) for a start...?

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well, I think that I've done well with the list. I do need some more mags though.

And yes, even the "pro-gun" dems will side with the "old dogs" in the party or they will feel the wrath of the "old dogs" and be put out like they did to Lieberman.

Wayne

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    But didn't Lieberman then go on to WIN, and show 'em that they weren't able to hurt him?

Lieberman has said he will retaliate against them too

Buying something just because you may not be able to get it later is stupid. If one has no need or desire to own a 50 BMG or a Ak or a AR, why wast the money. For the amount of money one would have to spend on all those things I could buy many pistols and other kinds of rifles that would serve just as good and probably better.

I, for instance would prefer to have a White feather M1A then a 50BMG, and a Socom M1A than an AR or an AK.

I have thought about getting a PLR16 for the car and maybe a SU-16C for backpacking with a lot of ammo, but my driving force is need not because I may not be able to purchaced later.

Now having said all that, should anyone out there that thinks I need the other guns, you are welcome to buy them for me and send them to me free of charge, and I would humbly accecpt the gift.

Definatly more mags. I have been meaning to pick up mags for my AR and Mini-14 for quite some time. Procrastination is my sin. Anyways, I guess this is enough motovation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Buying something just because you may not be able to get it later is stupid. If one has no need or desire to own a 50 BMG or a Ak or a AR, why wast the money. For the amount of money one would have to spend on all those things I could buy many pistols and other kinds of rifles that would serve just as good and probably better.

I, for instance would prefer to have a White feather M1A then a 50BMG, and a Socom M1A than an AR or an AK.

I have thought about getting a PLR16 for the car and maybe a SU-16C for backpacking with a lot of ammo, but my driving force is need not because I may not be able to purchaced later.

Now having said all that, should anyone out there that thinks I need the other guns, you are welcome to buy them for me and send them to me free of charge, and I would humbly accecpt the gift.

Well said. If you have a need and put it off then buy xyz gun that you wanted. If you feel you don't need one, don't buy one.

I have a couple I want to buy so I will.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Buying something just because you may not be able to get it later is stupid.
    That is quite true, however, I feel a lot of people will buy "AWB targeted" items for investment porposes. Buy them now and sell them for twice the amount after the ban. Something like those people selling AR mags for $60-$80 a pop.

Senior Moderator
    Here's another perspective. If the the things that are claimed are going to happen, do you really think they'll be happy with just preventing any more sales or do you think that since they have the votes to do it that they will simply make many guns, hi-cap mags, and some ammo simply illegal?

You can't play this both ways guys. If their gonna come after our guns the way some of you have claimed, why would they be content to stop at not allowing us to buy certain guns and keep the very guns they don't want us to buy? IF what some of you claim is true, they will outlaw the very guns you are rushing out to buy, and guess what? They won't pay you for them, they'll simply make you turn them in and destroy them.

Again, you can't play this both ways - i.e. they hate our guns and want to abolish ownership of guns in the US, but our answer is go out an buy more guns???? Given the certainty with which the "sky is falling" proponents would have us believe, those new purchases are just gonna be money down the drain.

How many think the anti's learned their lesson on the AWB? I do. This time, if it happens as some claim it will, there won't be any grandfather clauses - hi-caps will be illegal. ARs will be illegal, AKs will be illegal, semi-auto hand guns will be illegal. Remember, some are claiming how bad it is and how much power they'll have, so what makes us think our most recent purchases are gonna be safe?

I will not surrender my constitutional rights...

Therefore, I will not be surrendering any firearms or accessories...

End of statement...

VIP Member
    A couple of AR-15 receivers might not be a bad investment right now, and of course more rifle and handgun magazines...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links