Reason #7456 why Chicago/Illinois needs concealed carry law

This is a discussion on Reason #7456 why Chicago/Illinois needs concealed carry law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Armed robbery caught on video: 'It was a fight like you can't imagine' - chicagotribune.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason #7456 why Chicago/Illinois needs concealed carry law

Reason #7456 why Chicago/Illinois needs concealed carry law

2. Remove Ads

Naaa. The antis will claim you don't need a firearm, just a loaded bat!

He almost got disarmed, swinging that bat one-handed like that. I imagine the thug would have been really ticked and motivated, after being proven such an awful shot and then grabbing the bat from the shopkeep.

So, what's the Illinois statute: is having a loaded firearm in the shop or home lawful? (Plenty of folks in IL have guns, of course.)

Even if not carried, it could go a long way to helping in such a situation.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    He almost got disarmed, swinging that bat one-handed like that. I imagine the thug would have been really ticked and motivated, after being proven such an awful shot and then grabbing the bat from the shopkeep.

So, what's the Illinois statute: is having a loaded firearm in the shop or home lawful? (Plenty of folks in IL have guns, of course.)

Even if not carried, it could go a long way to helping in such a situation.
    I know in the home we have a very good justifiable use of force statute. Theoretically the owner of the business could carry in the business as well. However this situation happening in Crook County is a different story. The laws are quite restrictive as far a registration, Chicago licensing and permitting etc.

I think in the Chicago, the Chicago Firearms Permit is restricted to only having the registered weapon at home.

It's so confusing here. In Chicago, with the Chicago Firearms Permit you can have a 12 round magazine. But in Cook County, which Chicago is a part of, it's a 10-round mag limit. So when I go to the range outside of the city and still in Crook County, I take 10 round magazines to ensure I don't step outside of whatever the rule of the day is. Jeez.....

This video was obviously faked, because everyone knows no one is allowed to carry a gun in Chicago. Just ask Rahm Emmanuel.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

But, but, I just don't understand. Didn't those two fine, upstanding gentlemen pass a background check? What, that wouldn't matter because they aren't supposed to have those handguns in the city of Chicago??? No way, I just don't believe it. I WON'T believe it. How could this be? We better ban those scary assault rifles now. Oh yeah, those were pistols. Well then, we should ban high capacity magazines! What? the two guys shot a total of 10 rounds all together? What the heck? I can't imagine any other reason that they would be tempted to do such a thing... I better go make a donation to the DNC to make this all go away!

Now imagine, some people actually think like that (or at least will once Bloomberg tells them to think that). To me, that's a lot scarier than any PMAG.

No No No....

Let me clear this up quickly. Gift and Sports shops should be banned in Chicago, then the fine upstanding citizens would not have to choose to rob them, and no Baseball Bats would be injured in the process. See all fixed!

Distinguished Member
    With the absolute worst crime rate in the nation, and the most restrictive, stupid gun laws how can anyone defend the current mess? Unfreaking believable.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    With the absolute worst crime rate in the nation, and the most restrictive, stupid gun laws how can anyone defend the current mess? Unfreaking believable.
    Sadder than that is the fact that the 7th CA has told the state to come up with a reasonable CCW statute. What does the legislature do with 59 days left before the deadline? Try to pass more restricitions on magazines, heighten penalities for legal gun owners who may have made a mistake in the FOID process, and work 4 hour days....It's sadly disturbing...

Now I don't want to take any of the seriousness away from this situation, the store owner was very lucky not to have been hurt worse than he was....

BUT...was this a Keystone Kops moment or what?! The owner swinging for the fences (one handed), the bad gun shoving the gun all over the place trying to shoot him, jumping over the counter and getting his butt kicked enough that he jumps back out...not once, but TWICE! Tripping, falling, sliding all over the place...dropping the pistol at least twice that I could see...

I wish that the owner had used a pistol to defend himself, but determination/fighting spirit wins the day here!

The one thing you must remember about Chicago.
    They don't want to outlaw all guns. Just the guns from law abiding citizens.
    That way only the crooks have the guns in Chicago which is exactly what the pols in Chicago want.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Here is John Kass' column about this.
    Store robbery video: In Illinois, the politicians, not the taxpayers, are protected - chicagotribune.com

On Wednesday we called Roderick Drew, spokesman for Mayor Rahm Emanuel's Law Department, who told us that store owners are prohibited from carrying handguns.

"A business owner can register a long gun (rifle or shotgun) for their fixed place of business, but it has to stay on the premises," Drew said. "The business owner cannot register or bring a handgun to his place of business. The only place a person can lawfully have a handgun is the home."

And then only if they have a state-issued firearm owner's identification card and a special permit from City Hall. That's the paperwork. But business owners don't want to complain about the rules and aggravate City Hall. Their business can be crushed by the weight of it.

I'm wondering,if just Chicago has had 450-500 murders every year for the last 10 yrs,and they won't allow CC,what in the world,will it take to change their minds?.Then the Lady,in Chicago who is running for office,said cc permits really doesn't do any good,because no one pulled a gun in the theater in the Aurora,to try and take out the shooter.I'm in S.C., and even i had read the theater had no gun signs out front.It wouldn't surprise me,if she wins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links