Experience

This is a discussion on Experience within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got my ccw and while talking to a friend he turned it into a passing match by trying to say he has more ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Experience

Experience

I recently got my ccw and while talking to a friend he turned it into a passing match by trying to say he has more experience. I have grown up around guns but never employed with any kind of law enforcement. He was a inmate transport guy for a prison 15+ years ago and was employed for only 1 year transporting and for the past 3-4 years has done security for national football games. He says he has a guard card... whatever that is. He claims those two things constitute as a law enforcement background but I beg to differ. 1 year of transporting bad guys almost 20 years ago an babysitting drunks at football games doesn't seem to be something law enforcement would do. Am I wrong in saying he doesn't have a law enforcement background and seems to me he's a wanna be cop or does that count as actual experience in the law enforcement field?

2. Remove Ads

Not to offend, but why would you care? Let him be a "cop."

Better things to do. Like outshoot your friend. That would settle his hash.

Sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself, what is there to gain if I win this argument?
    jcm likes this.

Just tell him his mother wears combat boots and he doesn't love Jesus.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Not to offend, but why would you care? Let him be a "cop."

Better things to do. Like outshoot your friend. That would settle his hash.
    Way to go multistage, just come up with a great response first thing. Thanks. Don't leave anything else for the rest of us to say. Just make the rest of us feel like we have nothing to add.

I'll admit that there's nothing to win with this conversation but I wonder if that truly is law enforcement experience. Just a question I thought I'd ask all of you

Just tell Paul Blart that neither of you have law enforcement experience and suggest that the two of you go to the range and see who is the better shot and that person can have bragging rights until the loser wins the next range challenge and earns the bragging rights.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    I'll admit that there's nothing to win with this conversation but I wonder if that truly is law enforcement experience. Just a question I thought I'd ask all of you
    The first "could" be considered LEO experience, depending on how the state view prisoner transportation. For example, I wouldn't tell a Federal Air Marshal he's not a LEO. As to a private security guard, those credentials and $1.00 will get him a cup of coffee at McDonald's.

Remember, when you argue with an idiot, you only bring yourself to their level.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Nice to see most replies were exactly my thoughts as I read this thread. Why are you bothering? Why do you think we care? Why do you care? Grow up.
    heatherr855 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Those who feel the need to "one up" do so because they never can.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Margret Thatcher said something along the lines of "if you have to prove your're somebody, you probably aren't".
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Mike's Rule #3 for happy relationships:
    Never quarrel with fools.
    wmhawth likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

GH
    Let him rave on. A guard card? Is that something like a security license? I've got that with an armed private detective certification. I'm in no way a Police Officer nor do I pretend to be. My son is a PO. He spent 5 1/2 months at the academy after getting an associates degree in criminal justice. Now he rides with a Field Training Officer. If your friend wants to think he's a cop he's just trying to stroke his own ego.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    I recently got my ccw and while talking to a friend he turned it into a passing match by trying to say he has more experience. I have grown up around guns but never employed with any kind of law enforcement. He was a inmate transport guy for a prison 15+ years ago and was employed for only 1 year transporting and for the past 3-4 years has done security for national football games. He says he has a guard card... whatever that is. He claims those two things constitute as a law enforcement background but I beg to differ. 1 year of transporting bad guys almost 20 years ago an babysitting drunks at football games doesn't seem to be something law enforcement would do. Am I wrong in saying he doesn't have a law enforcement background and seems to me he's a wanna be cop or does that count as actual experience in the law enforcement field?
    "more experience" and that does what in a gunfight situation? For most of us here we CC because we may encounter a situation where we need to fight to go home. So he has carried a gun for more years than you BIG DEAL. Does he know how to use it? If not then look else where for those to teach YOU what you need to win and go home safe IF you should ever need it.

From what you have posted I don't think this guy is the guy you are looking for to get your information from.

If you have a need to use a gun what he knows will do little for you. Worry about what you know. While knowing how to shoot and hit what you shoot at is important learn to fight. You'll do better if you ever should need it facing a BG.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

CJM
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    latentcarry likes this.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links