Multi state carry

This is a discussion on Multi state carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey everyone, New to this site so I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have my cc license/ permit for Arizona ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rljohns

Thread: Multi state carry

Multi state carry

hey everyone, New to this site so I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have my cc license/ permit for Arizona even though Arizona does not require the permit. With my job, I do a lot of work out and about through out all parts of the state and carry everywhere I'm allowed to. Recently our company expanded to other states throughout the US, a few east coast areas but mainly around the southwest (California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Utah). I know my cc permit for Arizona is only accepted/ recognised in a few states but I am curious if there is a way and what I would have to do in order to be able to get a cc permit for the other states that I would be traveling too/ through where I am not a resident? Any information on this or a link to some more in depth information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

California does not honor any other states Permits/Licenses.

Nevada does not honor Arizona Permits/Licenses.

Colorado, New Mexico and Texas honors Arizona Permits/Licenses.

Utah honors all other states Permit/Licenses.

Source: Handgunlaw.us

You might want to check into getting a Utah non-resident permit since the Utah permit is honored in about 40 states I was told.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    California does not honor any other states Permits/Licenses.

Nevada does not honor Arizona Permits/Licenses.

Colorado, New Mexico and Texas honors Arizona Permits/Licenses.

Utah honors all other states Permit/Licenses.

Source: Handgunlaw.us

You might want to check into getting a Utah non-resident permit since the Utah permit is honored in about 40 states I was told.
    I've checked into getting a Utah license and the only two states that the OP will get with a Utah license that s/he don't already have, is Washington and Minnesota. Other than that, Utah and Arizona have the same reciprocity with all other states.

Does anyone on here have a multi state permit? Just trying to judge what needs to be done and if it it's more difficult for non residents.

As for California and Nevada, do they allow non resident permits? I know California is very strict on its gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ40 View Post
    Does anyone on here have a multi state permit? Just trying to judge what needs to be done and if it it's more difficult for non residents.

As for California and Nevada, do they allow non resident permits? I know California is very strict on its gun laws.
    I have a Nevada permit and live in Colorado. The only trouble is that you actually must go to Nevada and do the training get the permit in person. You have to qualify at the range with both revolver and semi-auto to be authorized to carry both. NV gets you MN. Get a FL and you get WA, OH, VA, and WV. UT and FL are almost equal with the number of states you get an FL is easier to get, you don't have to have a specific training course rated by FL like you do for UT. FL is now a 7 year permit.
    84160 likes this.

I have a Utah permit and a Wisconsin permit. Between the two, I can carry almost anywhere I might want to go.

Sounds like CA is a bit of a pain to get I assume

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Not if you want to move to Northern CA! California does not issue non-resident nor do they recognize any out of state permit.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rljohns View Post
    I have a Nevada permit and live in Colorado. The only trouble is that you actually must go to Nevada and do the training get the permit in person. You have to qualify at the range with both revolver and semi-auto to be authorized to carry both. NV gets you MN. Get a FL and you get WA, OH, VA, and WV. UT and FL are almost equal with the number of states you get an FL is easier to get, you don't have to have a specific training course rated by FL like you do for UT. FL is now a 7 year permit.
    If I'm not mistaken Nevada just changed the law this session to one qualification and your good for both revolver and pistol. Please check, prior to getting your NV permit. Need a source for your CCW, pm me and I'll give you a couple.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

It's not just a pain to get a CA CCW, it's virtually impossible. Only a few counties in CA issue a few permits...the other counties make it very difficult. As I recall CA is a "may issue" as opposed to a "shall issue." Just one more reason why I'm glad I moved out of CA.
    If guns kill people does that mean that pencils misspell words??

I believe that CA counties are very different between each other. I have heard that San Bernardino County is almost shall issue and some of the counties like LA county are impossible unless you are connected. Orange Co was almost shall issue until the new Sheriff was elected and she revoked almost all of them saying they didn't meet the requirements and were issued due to favoritism due to the former sheriff.

Links