California CCW - Page 2

California CCW

This is a discussion on California CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in Sacramento. I took the " move out of state " option. Living in Birmingham now. Best of luck to all the law ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: California CCW

I was in Sacramento.
    I took the "move out of state" option. Living in Birmingham now.

Best of luck to all the law abiding in Sacramento County on getting a CCW permit.
    "A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims." - Ayn Rand, The Nature of Government, 1964

California CCW holder here. Big write up in todays paper about the 3500 CCW holders in Kern Co. Kern Co. is the number one CCW issue county in California.
    Keep your powder dry

CSG
    I had one when I lived there. A good guy named Eugene Byrd, CoP in Isleton bucked the sheriff in Sacto county. The establishment really went after him but I had left the state by then.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Although California defines 'CCW', as "Can't Carry Weapons."

OWIH...(only what I've heard)

Stay safe...

ret
    Actually we can and we do :D Chris, great link to a great site!

Wow, nice site! I saw a post about El Segundo (LA County), where I live. It doesn't sound very promising. I'm planning to use the 'move out of the state' option next year. Btw, my workplace prohibits firearms as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooWings View Post
    I was in Sacramento.
    I took the "move out of state" option. Living in Birmingham now.

Best of luck to all the law abiding in Sacramento County on getting a CCW permit.
    Sacramento County is still a pipe dream. Even though the new Sheriff promised to refrom CCW issuance during his campaign. He'll basically only issue to the people who helped him get into office. Just more evidence that proves that CCW issuance should be shall-issue or no-issue. Discretionary issue always leads to corruption, and it sucks.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    That's the misconception. It may be true in some counties, but in Orange County there are currently around 1300 active permits. Low #'s if you are measuring it by other states but nontheless... I am legally carrying an H&K USP Compact .45 at this very moment. That's the thing about what you hear, it's not always the case.

And by all means, always stay safe.
    Knowing what we know about the overall hostile climate in California with regard to CCW... what do you think you'd face if, even though you are carrying legally, you had to USE the gun, and maybe killed someone in self defense?

My suspicion (no hard fact to back it up, I'll admit) is that you'd be put through the wringer legally, and every other way the wingnuts in that state would decide to, since you're one of those "gun nuts" and you "murdered some poor guy who was trying to turn his life around."

You may have a CCW permit now, but what of the climate that surrounds the social acceptance/rejection of your carrying a gun? What of the fact that CA is in general quite hostile to the idea of armed personal defense?

You might be in plenty of hot water if you use that gun that you carry legally, even though you didn't break the law.

A lawyer costs. Being dead is free.

I'll take the lawyer.
    For information on getting your CCW License in California please visit CalCCW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbrass View Post
    California CCW holder here. Big write up in todays paper about the 3500 CCW holders in Kern Co. Kern Co. is the number one CCW issue county in California.
    What paper was that, Hotbrass? Is there a website so we can read it?

Another CA ccw holder here. My county is virtually "shall issue"...in fact I got my permit in just 8 days.

As to peacefuljeffrey's question, it's not that bad. Perhaps if you were involved in a shooting in San Fran, or some other leftist bastion, they may take a hard look at you, but most of the state (geographically) just is not like that.

By definition if you have a permit you are living in a "pro" area, so it just is not a problem.

As to the general carry environment, it is much better than most "shall issue" states. Almost no restrictions...and even businesses don't post "no gun" signs. Probably because nobody thinks anybody is armed.

Works for me.

DParker is correct. There are almost NO restrictions on where one can carry in California once you have your permit.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Knowing what we know about the overall hostile climate in California with regard to CCW... what do you think you'd face if, even though you are carrying legally, you had to USE the gun, and maybe killed someone in self defense?

My suspicion (no hard fact to back it up, I'll admit) is that you'd be put through the wringer legally, and every other way the wingnuts in that state would decide to, since you're one of those "gun nuts" and you "murdered some poor guy who was trying to turn his life around."

You may have a CCW permit now, but what of the climate that surrounds the social acceptance/rejection of your carrying a gun? What of the fact that CA is in general quite hostile to the idea of armed personal defense?

You might be in plenty of hot water if you use that gun that you carry legally, even though you didn't break the law.
    I probably would be put through the wringer legally. If I ever do have to use my weapon I am going to make sure it is my last option and that it is a good shoot. One of the good things about being in the environment that we are in CA is that we have to be trained on when you can and can't shoot. If it came down to protecting myself or my family vs. being worried about what the legal ramifications might be, I'll choose the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Actually we can and we do :D Chris, great link to a great site!
    I look forward to seeing you over there. We actually get together in person at least once a month. We had a range day last month (which I missed) that was a blast.

Range Day was a blast. We had 30+ in attendance. Two .50s out for anyone to try. Pumpkins 'sploding. And some killer tri-tip for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Condition Plaid View Post
    Range Day was a blast. We had 30+ in attendance. Two .50s out for anyone to try. Pumpkins 'sploding. And some killer tri-tip for lunch.
    I hope to make next one. What's your screen name over at "our" forum?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links