10mm Redux

This is a discussion on 10mm Redux within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many years ago, I discovered the 10mm platform in the form of a 3rd generation Smith and Wesson model 1006. It had become momentarily popular ...

Thread: 10mm Redux

VIP Member

10mm Redux

Many years ago, I discovered the 10mm platform in the form of a 3rd generation Smith and Wesson model 1006. It had become momentarily popular with law enforcement and the general public, and was great fun to shoot. Soon, the popularity of the caliber waned and it was largely replaced by the .40 S&W. I never took a shine to the .40, and eventually moved to lighter and faster when I started carrying edc. I wound up in the 9mm camp. Ammo was cheap and plentiful, and the availability of platforms and accessories were definitely in the 9mm's favor. Then, a few months ago, tshtf. Ammo dried up, guns vanished from the display cases, and 10mm was one of the few calibers I could find on the shelves. I bought up a few boxes, made an iwb holster for my 10, and got busy.
    I have to say, I absolutely love it. I have copped a stack of ammo for it, and have been running it for my (much abbreviated) daily drills. At the better part of four pounds, it draws a tad slower than the nines, and follow through between shots takes a little longer. That aside, it is getting carried, often. To think I tried to trade it in a year ago...
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I've been using my Glock 29 as my edc for a while now. I think the 10mm is a great round and did away with my 40S&W's. Funny how a gun you thought might not have a place or purpose for you can come back into favor again one day. That's why I try not to let anything go I even marginally liked at one point.

Links