Those who carry in condition 1 or 0: When you leave the gun in the car, do you...

This is a discussion on Those who carry in condition 1 or 0: When you leave the gun in the car, do you... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is primarily for semiauto users. If you carry in condition 1 or 0, and have times where you have to leave your firearm in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Those who carry in condition 1 or 0: When you leave the gun in the car, do you...

Those who carry in condition 1 or 0: When you leave the gun in the car, do you...

This is primarily for semiauto users.

If you carry in condition 1 or 0, and have times where you have to leave your firearm in your car (for work, at school, etc.), how do you secure it?

Do you clear the chambered round? Or leave it ready to go but in a secure lockbox? Do you leave the round chambered but take the magazine with you?

Thanks for your thoughts!

2. Remove Ads

If I leave it in the car, its in a lock box. It goes in the box the way its carried. The less you mess, the less likely you are to have a mis-hap...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

^^^^^^^^^^ What Harryball said!^^^^^^^^^^^
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    If I leave it in the car, its in a lock box. It goes in the box the way its carried. The less you mess, the less likely you are to have a mis-hap...
    That's my thinking. I was over on another forum and people who carry condition 1/0 mentioned clearing the chamber every time they locked their gun in the car. My first thought was: Man, more chance for a mistake. Second thought was: Chambering and clearing the same rounds over and over could damage the round and potentially cause injury, at the least a misfire. Doing that about 30 times a month wouldn't be good for the ammo.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Same as Fur Ball, no same as Hair Ball, no that same as HarryBall!

Damn Spell Check and small key pad on the iPhone!
    Harryball likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    What Harryball said.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I take the mag with me and lock my gun to the seat rail. I have only locked my gun down 5 times in the last year. I can carry at work. The other day the boss asked me if I had my gun. I said " Well, of course."
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    I take the mag with me and lock my gun to the seat rail. I have only locked my gun down 5 times in the last year. I can carry at work. The other day the boss asked me if I had my gun. I said " Well, of course."
    That must be nice.

Chambered and ready to go. Locked with only my access. No one else has the key.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Lock mine condition one in a lock box under the seat attached to the seat

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Same way it's on my belt: Ready to go.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Always ready for action regardless of where it is carried or stored.
    Hodad likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Lock mine condition one in a lock box under the seat attached to the seat
    Yep, that's what I do, with the spare mags in same lockbox. The box is rather well concealed, too.

I carry one round in the chamber all day. I have a GunVault 200 under my car seat to stow it during gun-free-zone excursions. It sits fully chambered in a rigged up in-car holster during drives.

I only purge the round from the chamber for end if day storage. I have a child and even locked up on a safe I want to be doubly careful.

I remove my holster with gun still in it (same way I put it on), place in glove box, lock glove box and car, and I'm on my way. This is a very rare occurrence, and if I'm in a somewhat busy area it can be done while seated in car fairly quick and safe. I don't like the idea of unholstering, digging around under seat, getting out a box others might see, etc. But that's just me!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links