How long?

This is a discussion on How long? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know how long the wait time is for Texas CHL from submission to license in hand? I sent all my stuff in at the ...

Thread: How long?

How long?

Anyone know how long the wait time is for Texas CHL from submission to license in hand? I sent all my stuff in at the end of March. So far it doesn't even look like they're acknowledging receipt of it. I know it's probably just that they're swamped right now. But the government handling paperwork always makes me uneasy.

The website says "60 days", but I'm assuming that was before the "rush". Any insight from a recent CHL'er?
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way." - V. Frankl

2. Remove Ads

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Mine took 42 days mailbox to mailbox several months ago. It took them about 3 weeks to update the website information as "application recieved", that's normal.

Mailed on Dec 24
    Recieved: Feb. 2nd

About 8 weeks and I submitted in mid January. I would expect anywhere from 8-12 if I were you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I mailed my renewal on March 6th and received my license on April 13th. Just over 5 weeks from mailbox to mailbox. The website did not show any information for 3 weeks.

Congratulations on your decision to take personal responsibility for your own safety.

You have taken the most important step; your permit is only "time away". Once your wait period is over, you will have alifetime of not ever having to wait for it again. Jus be sure to not ever let your permit expire.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetVanity View Post
    Anyone know how long the wait time is for Texas CHL from submission to license in hand? I sent all my stuff in at the end of March. So far it doesn't even look like they're acknowledging receipt of it. I know it's probably just that they're swamped right now. But the government handling paperwork always makes me uneasy.

The website says "60 days", but I'm assuming that was before the "rush". Any insight from a recent CHL'er?
    I sent mine in march the 1st they told be to allow 5 or 6 weeks because they were behind

I just got onboard this morning
    I was too happy

Update: The website is finally saying something different. At least they received my materials and it looks like they're doing my background check. :o) I know that will come up clean, so now it's on to just more waiting. Honestly, my biggest concern was that my application would get lost in the paperwork vortex.
    "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way." - V. Frankl

Links