Okay just a note of thanks

This is a discussion on Okay just a note of thanks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Week I took the family to the city for dinner out. Was the youngest girls birthday and she wanted to go. On the way ...

Thread: Okay just a note of thanks

Last Week I took the family to the city for dinner out. Was the youngest girls birthday and she wanted to go. On the way back, most of the streets were empty, but as we approached an intersection there was a guy in the street standing next to a stopped car in our lane. He was very animated and looked like some no account critter. I stopped back about 6 car lengths, not knowing what was going on. (this is the point of thanks, I think that when I was younger I would have just rolled on up and then been stuck in whatever was going on. But since I was carrying I was being very aware of my surrondings). Anyway the light turned green, the car in front speeds off and I follow with a good 'running' start. I made strong eye contact with the guy as we roll past. He looks away. In my rearview, I see the man step in front of the car behind me and actually stop it. Don't know what happened from there, but I feel like I probably avoided something I didn't want to expose my family to.
    Last edited by talon; November 11th, 2006 at 11:32 AM. Reason: One last sentence to add
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

Oh probably should have called the law, but at the time I was just happy to be away. I remember how nervous my wife was in the seat next to me.
    The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

Lead Moderator
    Good job. Calling Pd would be good, atleast your family is safe due to your awareness.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Good operational awareness! Way to keep your family safe.

Note: If you have good information or a discription, then call the police for the city you were in and report what you saw. It is never to late IMHO.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Call Then?...Call Now...

I agree with the other comments about calling the PD. This clown is probable still around bothering others...chances are, that with a description, the cops already know this guy...
    It certainly wouldn't hurt to let them know...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    You should be proud. Lots of time,lots of us, don't have the pleasure of realizing that we are actually learning things that will keep us and our families safer.

Every now and then I catch myself at this. I want to pat myself on the back but someone is always watching. I have been trained,not to bring attention to myself, so I am caught with an "atta boy" that I can't get rid of.

You done good. You accomplished your mission. Your safe. Your family is safe.

One "atta boy" for you. Step in the closet and pat yourself on the back. -------

Give that guy a gold star! The fun part about situational awareness is when we potentially avoid trouble we can never be sure it was real trouble or not. But then then the other option is not so hot. You and you family are safe so it was a job well done. Sure, calling LE would be good but you still avoided possible trouble most would have stumbled into!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Yes indeed - good job. It feels good to spot things before the situation turns ugly.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Good job. Calling LE would have been good but protecting your family was your first priority. Outstanding!

Thanks guys, the 'atta boys' are good. There is a part of me that wanted to cheer me for my choices, but not something I wanted to do in public. Then when we were away and I started to relax, I was like...gee probably should have called the law. So much to learn, but if there is a next time I hope to be perform a little better.

Sponsored Links